Vandy Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 25, 2023.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hopefully he can realize he missed a lot of wear and tear and should get 15-20 touches per game next 2 years. We will need to grab 2 from the portal if he does. Seldon has barely played rb and Keith isn’t a difference maker.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think Andy probably has it right which would mean Gator for us.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jimbo is making 75 million to go away, I could recruit kids twice a year for a few years

IP likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, but all the shit it takes to get to that kind of contract starting right now would be insane. No thank you

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Going to have to backtrack on this one. I totally forgot the Orange Bowl's tie in with the ACC. Only way this won't be Louisville is if FSU wins Saturday and somehow still gets knocked down to #5, which I just don't see happening at all.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

After Wright doing this last year and getting more NIL money, I expect we will see more guys do stuff like this. I'll be interested to see if there is anything to this and how it plays out. I could 100% understand him being upset and wanting to leave with the way the rotation was handled this year where he just didn't get a chance in multiple games.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If Louisville wins though I think that might bump an SEC team and probably mean we would get knocked down. My guess is the impossible will happen to land us in the shittiest bowl game possible.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will replace Small next year so I think we get him some NIL money and he sticks around.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If Wright leaves for the NFL, he's the no 1 back in a run friendly offense. Pay the kid, let's go.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh look, another reminder of the only reason why Tennessee is ranked:

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

I hope Bama beats UGA and they are both left out of the playoffs.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

gcbvol and justingroves like this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

SEC and NCAA are worthless pieces of trash.

AbeFroman, gcbvol and justingroves like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

Jesus Christ, it isn't even close. Half as much. That doesn't happen randomly, it is impossible.

Love the comments " Play with more discipline ". I am sorry, half as many over 12 games is not a discipline problem when you get a FIRST DOWN ON OFFENSE BECAUSE THE DEFENSE COMMITTED A PENALTY.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The no call holds on our dline were consistent and egregious. Something was going on as this should have returned to the mean at some point. There are always missed calls, but they should reasonably even out over time.

justingroves likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right, the discipline stuff doesn't hold up because it is about whistling THE OTHER TEAM too. There was a similar claim a day or two ago that top teams were getting unfairly disadvantaged because their opponents were not getting whistled as much as usual when they played against them. This was from "collegefootballnerd" and the Josh Pate guy. It is so stupid of a point it boggles my mind. Don't they see? That ignores the Type II error: refs swallow the whistle when officiating top teams means the top teams are not getting penalized, too. It also ignores the downward effect of blowing lower ranked opponents out and milking clock, which would mean less opportunities/snaps for whistles and less competitive snaps where people would be pressing and potentially fouling.

In other words, the so-called experts and nerds are so busy huffing the farts of the top teams for traffic they can't think critically on what any of the data means or may mean.

InVolNerable likes this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It will probably fall on deaf ears but White should submit that data to the SEC and push them a little. Saban or Bill were never afraid to pick up the phone and [itch bay] (Saban still does). Sometimes you have to be the squeaky wheel.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. NorrisAlan

Doug Dickey would be on a [uck fay]ing plane right now.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're just scratching the surface. I am sure someone (maybe the SEC itself) tracks the Type II error of missed calls and we can guess what that looks like.

gcbvol, NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.