Vandy Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 25, 2023.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

South Carolina

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I was on the way back from West TN. He is just awful. People who complain about his lack of excitement are people who complain about the in flight movie after the wings fall off.

SetVol13 and utvol0427 like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He doesn't have a contract after January

4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He hasn’t been fired. They just fixed the glitch. He will get paid 2 more months and that’s it. They don’t want the confrontation. He’s just going to stop being paid.

Memtownvol, IP, Unimane and 1 other person like this.
  5. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

It would be Tennessee’s luck if he just kept showing up and coaching while being unpaid.

Memtownvol, IP, VolDad and 1 other person like this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Put him in the basement with the red stapler. (Movie ref)

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In the news today, a fire raged at the Anderson Training facility....

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk man. I zoned out a bit when we muffed that punt, and I had no idea anything exciting had even happened. Heard Vandy had the ball and thought “wait, what?” Had to look up the play by play to see what happened.

I just don’t understand how you can call a muffed punt recovery with so little emotion.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The #1 thing he is terrible at is calling a game on radio. He calls it like we can see it. There’s no differentiation of a 1 yard run or a 11 yard run. There’s no picture painted. That’s not to mention the constant fumbling over words & names. The emotion stuff is way on down the list.

10SEvols, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’ve always said the great ones paint a picture. Bob gives you a view of the game thru a kaleidoscope

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  11. Ssmiff

We all know Milton’s deficiencies. Imo he also became a scapegoat when we had major defensive issues, worse OL issues we’ve had with injuries that I can remember and not many weapons at wr. Stats of course don’t tell everything but
    3800 yards, 30/5 TD/int and a Qbr likely ranked around 2o ish going back to last years games isnt close to the worst I’ve seen and fans likely not as rough on him without last years record breaking numbers to compare against.

VOLinDAWGland, IP and Tar Volon like this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If I remember correctly, CH said in a press conference this year that he wants an elite defense here. OK, prove it. What adjustment(s) outside of recruiting top players are going to be made moving forward now that the season is over?

13. Ssmiff

I’m concerned nothing will change and it will be the defensive version of trotting out JG every Saturday. Heupel will lose some trust if something different isn’t done

TDVol1989 and Tar Volon like this.
  14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The only game where it’s fair to blame Milton for the bulk of our offensive struggles is Texas A&M, and we won that one. He has his issues against Florida and Alabama, but we lost both of those games in the trenches. Against Missouri he looked like the only guy who wasn’t struggling for the first three quarters.

I do think he processes slowly, and that limits a lot of what we do, but we have seen pretty definitively in the last three Georgia games that getting whipped on the line pretty well limits what we want to do as well, and that was the story in all of our losses.

15. Ssmiff

good points. Question becomes would we have won any of our 4 losses with a different qb and I just don’t think we would have with all the messes going on.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Well they're getting paid millions to figure this shit out so hopefully something gets done.

justingroves and Tar Volon like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I give zero shits about stats. Milton could not run this offense efficiently and it handicapped everything.

He played well against Kentucky, South Carolina and Vanderbilt in three years here.

Volsdude likes this.
  18. Tar Volon

If the different QB is Hooker, there’s a real chance to flip the Florida and Alabama results. We had defensive issues in both games, but he has demonstrated an ability to cover up poor OL play with his threat to run, and our offense was sunk by OL errors in Gainesville and by our inability to pick up a 4th and 1 in Tuscaloosa.

If the different quarterback is “somebody who’s pretty good but not a literal Heisman candidate,” I don’t think so.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We were all witness to the worst season any qb has ever had under Heupel statistically and it isn't really close

20. Tar Volon

We also didn’t have any single-digit losses. We could’ve had improved QB play and not flipped any of the losses unless it was improved by 14 points a game.