Vandy Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 25, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, we led SEC in attendance (101,915) and was third in FBS. Glad to see some things trending normal again.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dickey would have never allowed it to get this far.

Poppa T and zehr27 like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

DL needs to start taking dives

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do wonder if when there is an egregious hold around the neck, they should go down at the end of the play and lay there a good 2+ minutes. Get those replays. "What happened? He seems to be holding his neck or throat area. Let's go and see on the play... Oh, OH, ya he got it right around the neck there. And it wasn't called."

Do that a few times.

InVolNerable and Memtownvol like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Some refs more likely to call it if they see DL twisting down the the ground with OL handfuls of jersey vs DL with one arm sticking up barely moving and screaming for a hold.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Because I'm a terrible person, I'd have let a few holding no calls go before I'd make the QBs knee look like Marcus Lattimore's. If the refs aren't going to do their job, start [uck fay]ing shit up. Vontaze Burfict some receivers going across the middle.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Get some ketchup packets from Kurt Schilling and look all bloodied up as you get gurney'd off the field. Then come back 2 plays later like Paul Pierce after the penalty is reviewed.

IP likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The important thing is to allow the jumbotron and the media coverage to replay the penalty in slo mo over and over. Humiliate those refs.

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Money is too good. They don't care.

AbeFroman likes this.
  10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

“Huffing the farts”. Now that is unfortunately creating an unwanted visual. Maybe I watched too much Ridiculousness years ago, but that is certainly more powerful of a statement than Kissing A-s-s

Poppa T likes this.
  11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

"Huffing the farts" will go down in the anals of the 8th as a most excellent retort.

12. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I said what I said in my rant. If UGA is up 5 TD's with 30 minutes left, they're running clock and there is less time and plays in the game on which penalties to be called. ALSO-- the whistle gets swallowed in general with top teams as evidenced by the number of calls called on them as well (UGA and UM are top 15 in least penalties for themselves as well).

14. uhmm...

15. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I mean didn’t you just say there’s less time for them to be penalized since they’re running all over everyone? So they would be the least. Idk just anecdotally I feel like refs try to keep games competitive if they can, and then at the end [uck fay] over the opponent of who the league actually wants to win.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think it is just blanket incompetence and top team bias (even unconscious bias).

I don't believe in a reffing conspiracy, though I do think, for whatever reason, the refs as a whole hate Heupel and his teams. Don't know what he did, but dear God, it seems he killed someone's dog and/or had sex with one or more of their wives.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They don't like having to keep up with the offense

AbeFroman, IP, SetVol13 and 2 others like this.
  18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That’s because the SEC relies on a bunch of lumpy, semi-retired 60 year olds to officiate a bunch of elite athletes for 3.5 hours.

All due respect to lumpy 60 year olds, but maybe the league could employ a few athletic and lucid 30-40 year olds.

Crazt talk, I know.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I know I would not have done that job at 60. Hell, I kinda like the cart when I play golf.

IP likes this.
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This might be me being sexist or whatever but I don’t think women should be officiating football games either.

I’ve noticed quite a few in NFL games and they seem like they don’t have the confidence to do it or that great at it. Seems like they always but them as sideline judge and they’re horrible at spotting the ball.