POLITICS Virginia a testing ground for 2020.

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TheOrangeEmpire, Dec 20, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

gonna end up the most unholy of hybrids: proud soy

justingroves likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like it

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I don't agree with anti-vaxxing, but I do understand some elements of the anti-vaxxing movement.

There is a strong trend of "don't trust pharma and US Government to not inject our bodies with a declared but otherwise unknown substance. Sure there could be a legit vaccine in that shot, and a whole bunch of other stuff as well".

Pharma companies have a track record of not really giving a damn about public health crises they're specifically involved with, if anything, they've shown a willingness to exacerbate a public health crisis simply for profitability (opioids, etc).

There are that will also point the spurious track record that the USG itself has of conducted biological attacks against it's own citizens and there are a lot of decent books linking specific agencies to drug trafficking domestically.

NOTE FOR SPECIFIC SHOOT-FROM-THE-HIP POSTERS: I don't agree with the anti-vaxxers here but understand why they wouldn't blindly trust vaccines either. I have 3 children and they've all been vaccinated, but TBH, I don't 100% trust the process either. There is just a ton of misinformation and psuedo-science that is real-sounding enough to be believable if there is a large-scale campaign against it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one needs to blindly trust medical science. It's science, they can learn it.

DC Vol, tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Agreed. However, in the interest of a spirited debate:

From here: https://www.psypost.org/2018/06/pol...Aeu4sIklma7aNmUqLpIGwIKK9aAcYnZPC54Uw22xc6BLs

This largely isn't a "blind leading the blind". IMO, this is a result of a massive undertaking to undermine the legitimacy of Western science, medicine, ideological and political practices. We also know that Russia is a large source of anti-vaxx misinformation:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-v...us-by-spreading-misinformation-twitter-study/

So... what's their game in politicants opinions? I've got a plethora of my own.

IP likes this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Pimping the essential oil industry, imo.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow. They choose to rally on the day honoring the life of a civil rights leader assassinated by a gun. Tone deaf.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah could do without that today.
    However if it weren't for armed men protecting MLK, he wouldnt have made it across the south.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He didn't make it across the south.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’d say they see it tied to their civil rights as well

11. fl0at_

Yes, but no here.

MLK was fighting for civil rights he didn't have.

These people are lobbying for a continuation of civil rights they do have.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think comparing the second amendment situation to segregation and the unequal application for rights/the law is, again, tone deaf.

13. fl0at_

Yes, but also no. A right is a right, they don't have rank order. At least they aren't supposed to.

These just aren't the same rights, so no need to make a false equivalence, especially here.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Both are the right for freedom. I support both fights.

Even if that makes me tone deaf

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, and also no. One was about unequal rights. This is about a right that is applied equally but is interpreted to different degrees. In addition, no. I never claimed there was a rank order and that was a non sequitur.

In conclusion, no.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't have the freedom to bear arms?

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t live in Virginia.

Virginia’s are fight to keep their current freedom. I support that

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one is trying to take away their freedom. It's all a scam.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s not true. They won’t be as free if the new laws go into effect and will have lost some freedoms.

You just don’t care about those freedoms.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The freedom to be mentally ill and armed? No, I don't believe that freedom exists. If the right to life, liberty and happiness exists, that one can't. Both can't exist. Anymore than it gives someone the right to be a bandit, or the right to brandish a firearm in an argument. Those things are not protected either.