POLITICS Virginia a testing ground for 2020.

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TheOrangeEmpire, Dec 20, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I didn't say you made that claim. I made that claim. It is not a non sequitur because it is MY argument.

An argument happens between multiple parties. When I respond to your statement, and this may be hard for you to get, sometimes it isn't always about you.

If you disagree with the part that isn't about you, now we have an argument.

If I then attribute something to you that doesn't follow OUR established argument, then you have a non sequitur.

Hopefully this will help you in future understandings of logical fallacies, but a good first start is to understand that if an argument does not exist, there isn't one.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Uhhhhhh

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

No.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You and I both know that’s not what they’re fighting.

There’s a lot more to it than that plus they have the right to defend themselves till due process takes it way.

6. fl0at_

Yea, I don't expect it will help, either. But I'm hopeful anyway.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is LITERALLY what they are fighting.

8. fl0at_

Are you saying they are fighting for having a medical diagnosis as being mentally ill and retaining firearms?

Or are you saying that not having a medical diagnosis is sufficent cause to remove firearms?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm saying this is about background checks, and an as-yet not even taken up "red flag" law.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That might be one aspect they’re fighting but they’re a lot more to it than what you’re saying.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

20,000 people, no arrests.

To have the media in their hip pocket, Dems are horrible when they try to build something up.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Beats the last time when someone was murdered, sure.

13. CardinalVol

Yeah, little different people at these, I would venture to guess.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Still just dumb rednecks that won’t conform to make society better.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

They should move into the neighborhoods with kids getting shot every other week by stray bullets in DC. Lots of freedom there.

16. CardinalVol

You'll always have these in this size crowd. Still a big difference between those and the white nationalists rally previously.

17. CardinalVol

Huh.

Wonder how many of those bullets were fired by guns that were registered with police, as required by law?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

If only there was a way to turn off the endless stream of guns. There's just no way. Sorry, kids.

Hell, [uck fay] it. Arm every 8 year old too. It is their constitutional right.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s a great emotional argument for innocent individuals being stripped of constitutional rights over gang and drug violence.

Do you honestly think these laws will effect gang and drug violence?

20. CardinalVol

You didn't answer my question.