What would it take...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TDVol1989, Nov 23, 2015.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fair or not, he will never win me over at UT.

He's a charlatan. Always will be.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No coach should be here ten years and not be in the playoffs at least once.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This rite here.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Next year would be fine.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

This guy is getting into Butch's safe zone. Can I get some muscle over here?

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Jones has spent the better part of three yrs roaming the sideline (re)confirming he's incapable of doing what needs to done to win me over.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Followed up with another document outlining how the sun will be blocked out in Knoxville if they do not accept these demands a la Lex Luther.

8. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I swear, if this guy gets an extension, I'll lose it. Literally, I'll lose it. I'm talking - I'll probably run down on the sideline and tackle this game. If I have to watch this gutless, overgrown baby on the sidelines for five more years, I'll have to be admitted into an insane asylum. I hate his voice,.I hate his face. I hate his excuses. I hate his "poor me" attitude. I hate his "best staff in America." I hate him hitting players. I hate him crying to all media members that will listen. I hate his stupid analogies. I hate his press conferences. I hate his clichés. I hate his inability and unwillingness to make in game adjustments. I hate the way the words, "resiliency", "critical" and "individual." I hate him using "very" and "very" as back to back words. I hate his choke jobs. I hate his views on "negativity." I hate people that support him. I hate people that hire him. I hate administrators that support him. I hate fourth quarter choke jobs. I hate adding the word "focus" to the end of everything. I hate Lil' Jon. I hate that he doesn't go by his God-given name. I hate his haircut. I hate it when his face turns red. I hate his voice. I hate the fact that he had Eric Fisher, JJ Watt, Antonio Brown and Dan LeFevour on his roster at Central Michigan, yet never managed to run the table. I hate the joke he made on his first day on campus about running the Wing T. I hate his buddy Debord for getting him last season's raise. I hate his inability to develop players. I hate his commercials. I hate hearing him talk to Bob Kesling. I hate watching him interact with fans. I hate the chest bump he did when he was introduced in TBA. I hate his Neyland pose after beating freaking Vanderbilt. I hate his broken promises. If this piece of trash is coaching Tennessee in the future, I'll go crazy. I'll go Harvey Updyke on the Neyland Stadium.

9. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Spell check got me. I meant "guy" not "game."

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Hire a legitimate DC then let him do whatever he wants with his scheme.

Hire a legitimate OC, who will adapt his scheme to the talent we have

Beat Florida, Alabama, and/or win the SECCG

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm here but I would also add, "shut the hell up. " to it.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He needs one of those Life Coach helmets from the Subway commercial.

"No."

"No."

"NO."

"nooooo."

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You add a legitimate OC and DC and he'll still screw it up by calling idiotic timeouts and having us go for 1 instead of 2. He needs to just go away.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I will say that I can't say that there's a sure fire dc out there that isn't in a championship situation or about to be hired as a head coach. Odom is about the only one I can think of.

And also I just want to see a team that will be more physical than anyone in the trenches. Where 4th and 1 on both sides is just an afterthought.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

there is no chance someone capable is coming after watching him and less chance that he'd give them enough rein to make an impact.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd take Bo Pellini over Jancek in a heartbeat. He's currently at Youngstown State.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This or go something like 11-2 next year.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes.

Would love that hire.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'd take Bo Derek over Jancek.

20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Agreed but it wouldn't last long. I can see it now, coaches meeting and butch says "Bo, let me educate you on..." and Bo punches him in the nose.