What would it take...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TDVol1989, Nov 23, 2015.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Maybe, but he did do it. Not tooting his trumpet but it takes nads to fire your friend even at gun point

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He had no option. He didn't fire squat. He just tried to make it sound like this was about performance to give himself the appearance of having standards, but that's a lie.

3. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Unfortunately, this is not likely to happen. As long as Botch and/or DeBored (whichever combination) have their hands on the O and as long as Botch is managing the gametime decisions (clock management, etc.), we will continue to have more than our share of frustrating games where we wonder what could have been.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's a step in the right direction. He brought in a top flight DC when a much easier and inside his cirecle of trust option was available. It's not a total change, but I will tip my cap to the move.

If he'd go out an bring in a proven QB coach to work with Dobbs I'd be happier.

5. I agree with this. I was surprised they went after this hire and the amount too. Shows they're willingness to win hopefully.

6. This and the Scott hire are impressive to me. I would like a few other changes but happy about these.

7. I don't care why he did it, I care that he did get rid of jancek. Made two very good hires. We'll see how he handles the upcoming year, maybe he'll get out of the way. Common logic says no but he surprised me this week.

8. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

What would it take for Butch to WIN ME OVER? That was the original question.

Nothing he could do would move the needle on my disdain for him. If he starts winning games and actually competing, then I'll keep my mouth shut.... But I don't like the man, period.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I said this from the beginning...he can say whatever he wants, be as corny as he wants, I don't care, as long as he wins football games. Just win.

Starts with winning the east and SECCG next year For Me.

10. ziv1173

ziv1173 Member

Just win. Pretty simple. Doesn't matter who your coordinators are, how well you recruit, etc etc, if you don't win with it. They are nice to talk and think about. But all that ultimately matters is winning.

I think this hire was good, for various reasons. Most importantly the AD didn't eff it up. A ton of the athletic woes UT has faced has been self inflicted, starting at the very top. I also think it was good for Butch. Him axing a coordinator he had ties with, that performed mediocre, to pursue and land a top candidate, shows something he hasn't previously shown. Regardless of the reason, I know the Jancek rumors, but he still did it. He landed his guy. That wasn't something I thought he would be able to do previously. With the Scott and Shoop hire, I think Butch has shown a little bit of that he's going after what's best, not what he knows and is comfortable with. That was one of the (well deserved) criticisms.

Now, win with it all. That's what matters. Believing in a coach for any other reason, is how people end up supporting coaches like Dooley. Just. Win.

I expect to be in the SEC championship game next year.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't really care about him one way or the other. I just want Tennessee to win

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I don't think the offense or scheme is so bad that it can't win with a top 10-15 defense.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think I'm with you on this.

14. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Fixed

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You have to take into account for Lyle's instinct to shit the bed when we play anyone ranked in the top 15.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Although I don't think it is necessary, it is certainly within reach.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Win what? Most of his games? Or championships?

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Well thank Christ we only will likely play one team in the top 15 next year - Bama.

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Thanks, Christ!!

20. Berger

Berger New Member

A ton of the athletic woes UT has faced has been self inflicted, starting at the very top.
    Galaxy J5 cover

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016