why you're wrong about communism...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by snoball5278, Feb 4, 2014.

1. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Terrible. Yeah, music would be way more awesome if we were communists.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well, it might be a misconception for many, but yes, Stalinism != Communism and USA != Capitalism.

That said, Communism is a form of Utopianism, and in its pure state cannot ever work. Capitalism in its pure state cannot ever work because it, too, is a form of Utopianism relying on the good will of mankind not to **** it up for everyone else.

So far, the best system has been the US system and that is a regulated Capitalistic system. My 2 cents from a non-economics guy who believes economics is akin to witchcraft and Charlantry.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah I guess the USSR and China were alright since they killed other communists as well as freedom types.

I mean, no system is perfect, but where would this guy rather be? Moscow in 1954 or the USA today?

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It's always easier to write about the novelties of communism from the safety and comfort of a democratic, market-centered country.

6. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

bingo. write a blog like that about capitalism, in china, then sit back and see how long it is before there is a knock at the door.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Stalin and Mao, among others, ruined Marx's ideas. Marx was more hippie-anarchist than dictator, although still impractical. Marx was fairly good at recognizing the inherent problems of 19th century capitalism, but pretty weak on identifying workable solutions.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree with this in general and identify with a lot of what Marx had to say. I just think he was a bit naive.

9. NorrisAlan

Just a teeny tiny bit.

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Yep.

And howdy, vfj. Haven't seen you around in a while.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Lurkin' but busy. Mortgage don't pay for itself, ya know.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Who's this new guy?

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Don't remember me? Walters State ultimate frisbee team? I was wearing a white v-neck that you complimented that day.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We'd all have to be robots for communism to work, and I hate techno music.

15. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

The thing about Walters State frisbee and NYY is that he gets older, they stay the same age. You're just a face in the crowd.

16. NorrisAlan

fyp

17. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm more of the type that remembers smells. I remember you, though. Had that combo of BenGay and shame passing through my nostrils.

19. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i would imagine that smell stays in your nostrils.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The shame stays. BenGay comes and goes.