Wilcox and Sirmon Take Washington Job

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Jan 2, 2012.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

...or a head coach

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I'm fixing to have a hotdog, does that count?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Works for me.

4. tripper

tripper Member

Sirmon wanted to leave last year but stayed because of Wilcox. A big part of this decision was that Wilcox and Sirmon felt Dooley was an ass to work for and were ready to bolt.

5. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Based on the gun thread over in the Thunderdome, I think this forum is more than capable.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Gotta think bringing back Steele would include bringing back Dan Brooks, thus moving LT back to LBs. I'm really, really not opposed to this.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Only if it's an actual dog....

8. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Hubbs just stated he thought it would be hard to hold onto Santos. SIAP, but Hyams also put on twitter that Dooley will speak with the media tomorrow morning.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It probably doesn't help that Hart has heard of several "bringkiffinback.com" signs around campus this weekend - including one in front of UTAD offices (purportedly).

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

OBrien just told GVX that he's no longer a solid. Awesome.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Where was this posted?

12. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Otha Peters threw his hat in the ring of "reconsidering" his commitment.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Dooley needs to just retire. He's a terrible head coach and has no business being at a major football program. La Tech should have been his ceiling.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Only if its alive. Lol

15. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

This is a disaster. Who would come here knowing Dooley is a sinking ship?

Recruits bailing, this is a shit sammich......

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm going to the gym in hopes that when I return, we will have a new head coach.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, at this point, the three coaches who were worth a damn, Baggett, Wilcox and Sirmon, are now gone? Holy shit, I thought Dooley was in over his head when he was fired, but I didn't think he was utterly competent as this. How insanely bad are things done over there?

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

By the way, the Eternal Sunshiners on other boards seem to think Dooley was "well prepared" for this and has contingencies prepared for their leaving. I find this doubtful. Other than the fact that Dooley has continually shown his incompetency, the Washington DC was fired only a few days ago. I don't believe that this was a deal a long time in the works. I'm sure that Dooley was caught with his pants down and we are in serious, serious trouble here.

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

When UW fired the entire defensive staff you could see something in the works. Maybe they had already talked to Wilcox before they fired everyone? Just a thought!

20. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain