Wilcox and Sirmon Take Washington Job

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Jan 2, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Smart money

2. There's no way Dooley is surprised to the degree I think you're claiming. And what do you mean by he was caught with his pants down?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Smartass....lol.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It seemed that the recruits were caught unaware and no one had prepped them for this possibility, if Dooley had advance knowledge. However, if Dooley can snag Shannon, he will have proven me wrong.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I have read earlier that O'Brien was called last night, if this was true, then I can only assume that others were called also.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Does that come with a warning?

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

1. I'm not sure why Shannon would jump aboard the sinking ship.
    2. Would Hart put up the money for that if he thinks it's a one year deal?

8. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Two things:

1. Hart had to expect attrition like this; and I fully believe Dooley did as well although he would never admit it.
    2. Hart also must recognize that Dooley was a dead man walking after the Kentucky game.

With that in mind, why would Hart encourage or sign off on paying a big name to come to Tennessee unless the plan was to allow them to take over as HC in 2013?

9. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I still keep checking back on the boards to make sure this really happended today and is in fact reality. Even though both coaches are originally west coast guys it still reflects badly on the current regime and makes you wonder what really is going on behind the scenes. There's no way this kind of things happens at any of the upper echelon teams in the conference. We have obviously fallen a ways back in the past few years, but today's events just confirm where we are right now as a program.

10. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I should have qualified that. I can't see that happening either, but that is the ONLY way I see a big name coming here to coach for derek.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still can't help but think that this was just a move to get away from Dooley.

12. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I have to ask , since I looked really hard through this thread but I could not find where Hat asked the most important question was Sirmon the top or bottom in their relationship?