WMD did exist

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Oct 15, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm sure the apologies to bush are going to be forthcoming. . .

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...p-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

a recently retired Army major who was present for the largest chemical weapons discovery of the war: more than 2,400 nerve-agent rockets unearthed in 2006 at a former Republican Guard compound.

Much of the chemical stockpile was expended in the Iran-Iraq war or destroyed when the weapons programs were dismantled after the Persian Gulf war of 1991. But thousands of chemical shells and warheads remained, spicing the stockpile of conventional ordnance left unsecured in 2003 after Iraq’s military collapsed as the United States invaded.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I buy that. Probably some dude who now works for one of Chaney's defense contractor pals. Only took him a little under a decade to come forward. Highly credible.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I guess all the soldiers who are now dealing with the consequences of handling said chemical agents are faking it?

4. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

The truth always gets in the way of the liberal agenda. I did not agree with going into Iraq, but I did believe Hussein had wmd's and would have sold them to any group.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Did you, or droski, even read the damn article? Don't let the truth get in the way of you all's conservative agenda.

All had been manufactured before 1991, participants said. Filthy, rusty or corroded, a large fraction of them could not be readily identified as chemical weapons at all. Some were empty, though many of them still contained potent mustard agent or residual sarin. Most could not have been used as designed, and when they ruptured dispersed the chemical agents over a limited area, according to those who collected the majority of them.

In case after case, participants said, analysis of these warheads and shells reaffirmed intelligence failures. First, the American government did not find what it had been looking for at the war’s outset, then it failed to prepare its troops and medical corps for the aged weapons it did find.

Participants in the chemical weapons discoveries said the United States suppressed knowledge of finds for multiple reasons, including that the government bristled at further acknowledgment it had been wrong. “They needed something to say that after Sept. 11 Saddam used chemical rounds,” Mr. Lampier said. “And all of this was from the pre-1991 era.”

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not destroying chemical weapons as they said they would seems a pretty major treaty violation to me and a vindication that they still had them. but hey. whatever fits your agenda.

7. hatvol96

They were going to put the remaining matter in jars and throw them at targets by hand.

8. hatvol96

Yeah, I'm sure this story will really sway people's opinion of the honesty of Bush and his cadre of stooges and treasoners.

9. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I don't need to read the article. This is not the first wmd article that has been published in the last few years. The liberal controlled media just doesn't cover it or explains it away.

10. hatvol96

Yeah, it's the liberal agenda that took inaccurate/doctored intelligence and started a war that led to the discovery of nothing but a bunch of dilpated shit from the '70s and '80s. Damn them.

11. Unimane

Horseshit. We went to war on the pretext that they were actively pursuing an arsenal of WMDs. This article says that they had old shit lying around that we already knew about and people got sick handling them, but the government covered up their sicknesses. In no way was this the type of situation that would have lead to the type of invasion and resulting shit show that occurred in Iraq. I'm not blinded by an agenda, I can ****ing read.

12. hatvol96

Of course you didn't. Willful ignorance is the only way to rationalize support for Bush and his gang of halfwits and war profiteers.

13. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I hope you overcome your programming one day.

14. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I did not support going into Iraq. Read my post, skillet head.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Likely mason jars.

16. Unimane

So, you didn't bother to read something you originally used to justify your position, even though it's from the newspaper that is the epitome of the vaunted right-wing bogeyman of the "liberal media"? And, how are all those articles on WMDs being published if the media is on lock down by liberals?

17. hatvol96

I would say the same, but there any hope would be wasted on you. Keep that tinfoil hat tight.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  18. hatvol96

Sent to the Iraqis by terrorist supporting liberal moonshiners.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly what I was thinking.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The dead dude doesn't really care if he is killed by a new or old bomb.