Wonder Just How Ugly This Could Get...

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by NYY, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Coach Warlick has seemed to continue this practice, naming her ALLEGED companion to her staff, just a few weeks ago. But, to be fair, she did have years of administrative experience.....at Lenoir City High School, IIRC.

And, I hate to mention this, but it's absolutely true.....the only person who seems capable of corroborating Jennings Hart-forced-Pat-out story.....would be undoubtedly and quickly deemed as being incapable of corroborating anything, IMO. That is, unless hearsay is suddenly admissible, because otherwise, that's all Jennings has.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Pat did some great things, but it is absolutely ridiculous for people to believe that someone with onset dementia needs to be running a major women's basketball program, albeit built by her, but still, they need to get over their sour grapes. Just as Fulmer's resignation/firing, this was needed, but for completely different reasons. Fulmer had faltered on the field. Pat's health was/is the issue, not performance.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Yep. It is/was department wide, not just basketball related.

The Moshak lawsuit is one that does not need make it to court either for fear of what could come out.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And, if I may add this very quick but important point of distinction:

That they are lesbians hiring their lesbian partners to work for / with them, is a complete non-issue to me. I could care less if these were two gay men doing the same, a hetero couple, or members of the same Sunday School group.

This sort of inbred near-nepotism is wrong, wherever it occurs, or by whom.

And like it or not, the only reason that it has perpetuated - hell, the only reason we were one of the last schools to have separate AD's - was because Pat Summit willed it into existence, and no one dared to even question them about it, for fear of even the hinting that they might have tried to hold her accountable.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Bobby Petrino thinks it's totally okay if she's hot.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

This situation is about to detonate.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sworn affidavits and what not.

I know a lot of people want this to die and go away.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Debby Jennings is going to be very unhappy when this is all over with I believe.

She should take her money and shut the hell up.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There aren't many sane, logical people that think Pat could have coached another year. It's a slap in her face to keep this shit going on.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I have a couple thoughts on this. First, I don't see how this affidavit from Summitt in any way helps Jennings' claim of age and sex discrimination. It's nothing but an attempt to enrage the UT fanbase to destroy Dave Hart. Second, if you read Summitt's sworn affidavit, in the very last section, she admits that Hart had a subsequent meeting after she thought she was being forced out, and was told that she misinterpreted the initial meeting. In other words, she wasn't being forced out. That effectively destroys the entire point that Jennings was trying to make with this bullshit.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just now got caught up to speed.

I am suddenly really, really looking forward to this.

14. hatvol96

There's a very interesting question left open by the affidavit. Did Summitt believe Hart and feel welcome to coach another year if she chose?

15. hatvol96

On one level, I agree. However, she provided the affidavit. That's a voluntary act. It's not as if she was forced to give testimony at a deposition or trial.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I think there's reason to believe she did. Hubbs claims that all of Summitt's friends and people whom she regularly confides in didn't think she was being forced out. The affidavit, considering it's being offered by Jennings, obviously isn't going to say that. And, it's 100% totally irrelevant, and I don't know how it could possibly be admitted into evidence.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Are you going to discuss this on Basilio tomorrow, Hat?

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I can't imagine Pat being forced out unless she actually couldn't function anymore.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty much how it is, unfortunately.

20. hatvol96

For sure.