Wonder Just How Ugly This Could Get...

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by NYY, Sep 27, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I admit I don't know all the details on everything but how is what Dave Hart did or didn't do with regards to Pat Summitt relevant to Debby Jennings' case?

2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

It pisses me off that there are people who think dragging Pat's name through this crap is what's best for her. And if it was Pat who forced this, someone should have stepped in (like Dave Hart).

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

this is all bull shit.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Not to bring this up, but isn't part of being a manager learning how to 'manage' and handle issues like this before they see light of day? Sure, the narrative of bitter people who lost their jobs and prestige is a compelling one. And it is by all means possible Dave Hart just came to UT at a time when serious belt-tightening needed to be done, and he is the unwitting villain in all of this.

Or maybe...

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You're on the right track.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Having spent 4 years working in that department (LV), I feel like this storm has been brewing for about 15 years. The arguing and begrudging between departments has been going on for a long time. I think it started to reach another level about the time that the Football team won the National title.

Some of the folks making claims have stuff they would rather not hit the light of day.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

please share, 2003.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have yet to see anything remotely appearing as a smoking gin for the stated purpose of the lawsuit for "discrimination".

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The "Vol" fans who are really just Lady Vol fans sound a lot like Penn State fans did towards the last decade or so of Joe Paterno's reign as coach. Obviously, Summitt was 10 times the person as JoePa, but both sets of fans somehow elevated the coaches into positions where they determined their own set of rules for their job and not their boss. Lady Vol fans saying Pat should get to decide when she leaves as coach reminds me of Paterno telling the administration that he's not fired.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is most of it, but Hart didn't do himself any favors by how, I don't know how to phrase this really, abrupt he was with it. There was no sugarcoating on his part, it was pretty much you're no longer needed, GTFO. Bye.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pat Summitt's affidavit

The last paragraph of the affidavit contradicts the supposed "forcing out" in Summit's on words.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's amazing how many people are pissed off that Hart wanted to do away with the Lady Vols logo.

Who gives a shit?

MaconVol likes this.
  13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

exactly.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The talk of Pat knowing when to step aside is preposterous. How do you expect a person that isn't competent to determine his/her own competence? And did no one watch the games last season and notice that Pat essentially just stood behind Holly and occasionally nodded?

It's a sad truth, but she was getting paid way, way over the usual salary for a women's bball coach and wasn't really working. Not sure how it could be justified to keep her around any longer.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  15. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

The refs knew who to talk to.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm personally loving LV logic regarding this.

1. Summit should be able to coach as long as she wanted and not be told when to quit, but
    2. It was unfair that Hart spoke to her in her condition without someone else present.

Let's not even get into further details. Let's just leave it at that and sort through it.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What are the circumstances around Debby Jennings getting this affidavit? Is it possible that she took advantage of Pat's situation and got her to sign off on something she wasn't readily aware she was doing?

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'll probably sound like a horrible person for going here, but is there any chance this situation affects Hart's ability to make any important decisions concerning the football program in the near future?

19. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I think this goes away before the next football game. I honest to god think the butt-chugging story numbed everyone to ridiculousness.

EDIT: By this I mean the general public giving a crap, no idea about the ramifications within the AD.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If that makes you a horrible person, me already considering this as well as my actions if such a thing were to occur probably is going to cause me to replace Judas in Satan's mouth in hell.