Word on the Street is Stokes Will Commit to UT...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Dec 12, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Closest one from Knoxville is Morristown. Made that trip more than once.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

By the tone of the message boards? The tone of message boards never means shit unless it is in retrospect. Message boards' tones are completely independent of reality. Any time outcomes and tone coincide, it is pretty much coincidence, and a mathematically random event that is bound to occur every now and then.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Example: Pearl was not retained. Message board "tone" was that he definitely would/should be.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Could UK put him on scholly right away?

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Nope, Tennessee and Arkansas are the only ones with open scholarships.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I agree with that. I would say that the Stokes chatter goes beyond just people [uck fay]ing around on a message board though.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, and after perusing boards over the years, I can generally tell when someone has decent info and when someone is full of shit. I've had a pretty solid idea if a guy was ours at least a day or two out about 95% of the time based upon chatter. It's not real hard.

For instance, as a general rule of thumb, if you are hearing about a guy for weeks and steadily picks up momentum and multiple people who have been proven to not be [uck fay]ing retards start stating they're hearing things, it usually happens. If some tool states they heard from their gay roommate's friend's sister who went to a frat party the recruit attended and he said he would go to UT at the party.....full of shit. The last one's an exaggeration, but you get the point.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. I'm just saying messageboard chatter alone isn't enough.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I agree.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Thats a plus.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Absolutely. His dad said today that it was down to 2 schools. Everyone thinks that means Memphis or Tennessee. So, it would seem that makes it even more of an advantage.

12. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

13. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Tobias Harris?

14. Unimane

Arkansas?

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Everyone thinks Memphis, Unimane. That's the general consensus. That doesn't mean it's right, though.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hell yeah! Wait a sec. Forgive my ignorance. Who is Stokes? Just how good is he? And can we convert him to a TE a la Antonio Gates? Once again, I apologize for the ignorance, but I'm short, fat, and white. Basketball has little appeal to me outside of UT.

17. Unimane

That would seem logical, but I'm just thinking that the kid would've signed with Memphis if they were really a serious option. I can't remember a Memphis kid who waited to pull the trigger for the Tigers. Arkansas just seems like the left field candidate that sometimes pops up. However, I have gotten the sense all along that Stokes wanted to go to UT and was looking for a reason to like Martin and the new staff.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Think Ron Slay. We hope.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Thanks, bro. And my TE question? Maybe?

20. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

He will be making his announcement early next week. I can tell you for certain that UT and Memphis are at the top of his list with Arky and UKal still possible.