Worley Named Starter.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Aug 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

yes, but he never played a down in a game on any level again. Very unfortunate. I wonder if medical redshirts were different then. They applied, but were denied. It was his first game, and early in it.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It was unfortunate. I've often wondered how differently things might have gone had he not gotten injured.

I mainly bring it up to say that I'd imagine takes an awful lot of talent to get drafted without playing as a starter in college beyond one game.

3. Hobock

Hobock New Member

If given your choice of the current roster, who do you start Saturday?

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Is it too late to install the single wing?

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I thought that was what they'd been doing.

6. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Or just run the Nugun or "just give it to Eric Locke like 'bama did David Palmer"

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Peterman. Need to find out if he can play or not. If he can't better to find out quickly, then move on to the true freshman.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

So the same basic philosophy of rolling out Worley first, but without the redundancy given his previous opportunities.

9. hatvol96

Correct.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not really. Worley has essentially answered the question.

11. Hobock

Hobock New Member

I agree. If it's even close, start the guy with wheels. I'm really interested to see how CBJ responds when it's obvious and the boo-birds come calling. Starting Worley either says alot about our talent or alot about our coach.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I know I would. First I'd smother myself with brown mustard and relish. I'd be so delicious

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what I was trying to indicate. He's already been tested before Butch got here.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We're fvcked.

15. Worley deserves to show what he can do in this offense.

It's going to be nice to be able to make an actual evaluation, rather than relying on hearsay and people who saw a quarter of a practice.

16. hatvol96

Great point. The fact he's never remotely shown the necessary arm strength in game action before means he is oh so deserving.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Why does he "deserve" anything?

18. hatvol96

Why does he "deserve" it more than the other three guys?

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I thought the NFL fined teams for openly talking about tanking the season for draft picks.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The main question is who would win a battle between Sterling Henton and Justin Worley IMO.

And I'd still probably go with Henton.