Wussification of America

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volst53, Feb 3, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Which is a travesty

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You write your dissertation about something you view as mere inconviences? Give me a break

3. OrangeEmpire

Also, from her end as a First Lady, was gracious enough to help a random stranger at a retail store.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She worked at a pretty prestigious law firm in Chicago, as well as in city government and was a Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago. She's also First Lady. I think she's probably fine with her career. She doesn't need a story about her shopping in Target to justify her "shortcomings".

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

She said it herself people she her as black first and a person second

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So a bunch of political positions. Wow. Impressed

7. Unimane

This is exactly what I mean. Did you even read what she wrote in that thesis, even just the Introduction? It's not some "every white person is racist" that you see in everything written by a black person reflecting on society and their environment.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You mean exactly the way the First Lady idiotically assumed that woman was motivated by racism?

9. Unimane

Are you arguing that she's not accomplished or the point that she doesn't feel she's accomplished and needs to use these stories to justify her "shortcomings"? Because that's the issue at hand, not your pathological hatred of her which wouldn't give her credit for anything she's done.

10. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

that's a great angle and in my opinion exactly what happened.

i don't even see undertones of racism in the simple act of one stranger asking another stranger for help and them granting the assistance. the woman was even being self deprecating about having to ask for help.

but alas, it seems that this plea for assistance was in fact a heinous act of supposed superiority. and to think the short lady even laughed in her face about it.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

She said every person at that school saw her as a black person first and a human second. How the **** is that not saying they are all racists?

12. Unimane

Why was it idiotic? Why are assuming it wasn't? I'm not even saying it was motivated by racism, but you assume it wasn't. Why? Were you there? What makes you assume that she was the idiot for thinking it was racism, but you are clear headed in thinking it wasn't? She may be completely and utterly full of shit on this story, but I don't know and certainly don't think it sprang from nowhere or that she has some kind of a chip on her shoulder to explain away her failures in life.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm arguing she's been handed a lot because of her sex and race and political connections. I have no doubt she considers herself the most accomplished person on the planet givem the terrible racism she feels she constantly experiences in this country that hates her.

14. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i think we are ignoring a very important fact in regards to all of this. and that's the fact that laura bush killed a guy.

15. OrangeEmpire

I'd let Laura do horrible things to me.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

She can read minds now? How is her impression remotely relevant? What could that person possibly have done to make her go immediately to racism?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Either she intentionally left out information, for reasons I can't fathom, that would clearly characterize the incident as racist or she is full of it.

As it stands she went to one of the top universities in the country, got a very desirable job, and is married to our nation's most powerful man. I realize she probably feels compelled to use her position to fight racial injustice, but she would probably be a her of a lot better off citing examples from the lives of others if that Target story is the best she has to offer from personal experience.

18. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

didn't recognize her. didn't bow. didn't pick of the tab. didn't offer her a free vacation. the list is endless.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I love that uni is acting like this is an isolated incident by her too. miss "the first time I've been proud of my country."

20. Unimane

That's a pretty condescending analysis. So, she just won some lottery ticket to two different Ivy League universities and got tapped for all these great positions for the obvious great fortune she had to be born a black woman on the South Side of Chicago? I know you think that everything a black person even mentions in a reflection on their role in society is a racist diatribe against the world, but that senior thesis doesn't read like someone who needed things handed to them.