Wussification of America

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volst53, Feb 3, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

That's right

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you read the links?

3. OrangeEmpire

No, I'd rather waste time watching Ellen.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

This was a deliberate tactic (typing ".....yes") to get people other than me to acknowledge that the USPS is not costing us money. The USPS has come up before on this site, and folks have argued with me on that point. I have come to realize the only way to interact with an overwhelmingly conservative population is to manipulate them into initially arguing my case for me.

Note how by me initially stating that the USPS received tax dollars, it has sparked immediate response to the contrary. In the past, I say they don't and their burden on the US taxpayer is a myth, and I get immediate responses to the contrary.

5. OrangeEmpire

It is interesting

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep.

Vandy topped out.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

All started with letting American kids play soccer IMHO!

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I laughed.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

FWIW, the only two responses you got on that were from me and HH. Not exactly a bastion of conservative thought.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

And yet I don't see anyone but Jay and Unimane chiming in when the bastion is out in force.

11. TennTradition

I usually only chime in about facts.

This business is rarely about facts.

12. TennTradition

But you know me. William Koch Gingrich Buckley.

13. OrangeEmpire

Yeah

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, right. Facts should only be shared when they are agreed upon.

15. TennTradition

If I see something that I don't think is correct, I usually comment on it.

If I see something that I don't think is right, I usually don't. Unless I think it's racist/bigoted, it's about sports, or droski posted it.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you got the conclusions from the crap you linked?

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

your clever tactic simply showed that you follow worthless media tripe and reinforce the silliness you spout as gospel. The pensions aren't overfunded enough to fill the hole, but you've assumed somehow that's the case. The argument that the service shouldn't pre-fund is simply kicking the can down the road to future insolvency as hordes and hordes of municipalities are seeing today. The freaking pensions are also a part of the retention and union idiocy that has beset the postal service with hordes and hordes of high time worthless employees who can't be fired.

The case for semi privatization and competitiveness would immediately cream the unions. Find something else to hold up as a respectable government management model, as this one is broken, though gov't mandated pricing has helped fill the gap.

18. TennTradition

Not familiar.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Horseshit. Have you seen how much stamps cost?

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

free no?

That pesky pension is free too? Wonder who negotiated that? Must have been the taxpayer.

The tax (stamp price) increases over the last couple decades have been almost purely to fund horsecrap union driven pension requirements and continued operation as usual in the light of enormous throughput decreases.