Yes people kill people, but do we really need easy access

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Dec 14, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Which is why you have an advanced class that would bring in local law enforcement and teach a real crisis management class. That would be easily completed in an inservice or a two.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Short of confiscating every gun above a rifle/shotgun/handgun and declaring war on the black market, I'm not sure how you do it. And that would probably be twice as difficult as rounding up every illegal immigrant and deporting them.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Which is why it won't be publicized. There's no excuse in schools being a sitting duck without anyone to at least give a fighting chance.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I know too many nutjob teachers though. even with regular training these people still aren't law enforcement or the marines.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Do you have an efficient way to stop straw purchases?

Shotgun ban next?

There is no deadlier weapon in a confined space than a shotgun.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And making drugs illegal has hardly made them impossible to get. Apples and oranges, I know, but essentially the same thing. Days like this bring out the debate again, and I think it is healthy. But I side with as few gun ownership laws as possible.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ban the sale of anything that is fast loading and fast shooting. ban the sale of the ammo for said guns. WIll it elminate these type fo crimes? Of course not. But I bet in a generation we'd see the kill count drop.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have a shotgun that can cycle 5 shells pretty quickly. I have a .30-06 (one of the most popular calibers of rifle to deer hunt with) that can do that too. Where's the line on shoot rapidly?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no way he kiss 25+ with a shotgun. I call bs.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Of course you'll have your outliers but as a whole you'll have people like myself for an example that would be willing to do what it took to save as many kids as possible. Even this 4th period class of mine.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Five shots from a shotgun in a confined space kills a lot of people.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Guarantee he could. And would most likely have killed more.

13. OrangeEmpire

How do you handle the criminal aquisition of firearms? You have only addressed legal ways to buy firearms.

14. OrangeEmpire

You have no idea the capability of a shotgun.

15. CardinalVol

The American people as a whole are so ****ed up that I don't know if it would. As soon as people figure out another way to do it, they would. What are you doing then? Banning fertilizer? Electronic devices? Wiring? It just becomes something new.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can get all sorts of things that are illegal, but easier access is a huge factor. This is the #1 reason why I don't have a gun in the house (not critisizing people who do btw). I don't want a situation where my kid gets drepressed and has an easy way to end it. yes he can always jump off a bridge, but that requires getting to said bridge, getting out on the ledge, and jumping.

17. OrangeEmpire

No doubt about it.

People get wide eyed at the word assault

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the average american isn't smart enough to make a bomb. come on. there is a reason why we've had one oklahoma city bombing and what 50 of these?

19. OrangeEmpire

The monitoring of bomb making material is far greater.

20. CardinalVol

You don't think so? You really don't think a tech savvy person could make a bomb to blow stuff up if he was hellbent on killing people?