Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

At least 16 dead in Maine.

Obligatory thoughts and prayers

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Guy on CNN now reporting 22 dead.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Small town and nobody followed the guy? They can’t find him. And supposedly know who he is but won’t release the name

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Follow the guy that's shooting people?

Volsdude likes this.
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Military shooting instructor running around in the dark. Very deadly.

6. Ssmiff

Small town. Just seems like a slow response and odd nobody knows which way he went

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very easy to lose someone in Maine.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not sure I understand why you think this.

10. Ssmiff

response team had to be close in a small town and nobody knows which way he went.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Uvalde was a thing, and that was in Texas. There is not a response team waiting to roll out in a small Maine town

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

C'mon. "Response team" in a ~50,000 people town/city area? With low crime rate as I understand it. People were trying to flee and stay alive, not watching where this guy went per se.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, I can't imagine a smallish town in one of the safest states in the country has a ton of people ready to respond to an active shooter situation that had multiple locations.

14. Ssmiff

just wondering how long it took police to get there after first 911 calls.

15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Then say that.

I would guess as fast as they could?

I also would expect those that are trying to avoid semi-automatic weapon fire are dodging bullets, not necessarily making a phone call.

This is not some action movie with a "full body armored and outfitted response team led by Sylvester Stallone waiting to helicopter in on the bad guy".

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

One guy was hiding in the machinery that resets the bowling pins. Can hardly see where the shooter is going when you are up there.

17. Ssmiff

Geez fellas. Just assuming a bunch of calls were made and the guy made a couple of stops. I wouldn’t think police would be more than 5 minutes away in a small town.
    I didn’t really mean people chase after him but making calls saying where he is and where he went.

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Your implication, based on your posts, were that LEO were too slow and should have immediately responded and caught the guy.

Maybe that wasn't your intent? But that is what you appeared to imply.

19. Ssmiff

I do wonder how long it took, how many officers in the town there are, if there was a patrol near, etc.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I am probably not as invested as smiff, but especially following Uvalde, it's fair to have questions about the response.

justingroves and IP like this.