You know, I tried to defend "Brick by Brick"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by gorockytop101, Aug 1, 2013.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I stormed out of the room in the second quarter of that 91 ND game. Completely missed "Floyd Miley can fly" live although I got called back into the room to see the replay. I've seen it several times since.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

A few moments of foreshadowing appeared in that game. The main one was a freshman Clint Stoerner appeared late in that game..... And immediately fumbled. The next time out he threw a pick 6 to Dewayne Goodrich. Also, that day was the first of several serious knee injuries to a freshman Billy Ratliff, who was nothing short of dominant up to that point.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I remember riding the shuttle from the Marriot that game and SC fans just sensed they were gonna get the beat down of their life. They were right.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Great game that night and my favorite halftime show ever, the tribute to southern gospel while playing notre dame.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

A former Kentucky LBer would played in the NFL for a minute told me Still and Davis were the two meanest guys he ever faced on the field.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That was the game of the week on the count down here in Knoxville a few weeks back.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I think we were on that shuttle. A guy in the hotel we stayed was wearing gamecock apparel and had two gamecock beanie baby type dolls sewed on his shirt

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I was at that 93 game, I think. Didn't we score like 35 points in the 2nd quarter? Heath Shuler at his most prolific. Payback for the previous year. Seems like it was cold. We sat somewhere in the upper deck of the south endzone.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It was definitely cold

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think my favorite football experience of all time was at Commonwealth Stadium in 2001. The game hadn't started yet and I was in the concession stand line, and there was a kid (probably around 10 or so) with his dad in front of me, UK fans, and the kid goes "Dad, we're not going to win today are we?" and Dad goes "Probably not, son." Holy crap did they come close though.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

#ddiapos

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

1999 Georgia game was my first game. 8th grade and went with one of my friends and his family. It was a great game.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

On another note, the 2005 UGA game may have been the most heartbreaking game I've seen in person. The game that Jason Allen went down

14. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

How bout the first game being Jackson, MS 1969.
    First thing I saw when I sat down was a huge sign on the opposite end of the field.
    "No Fruit Sucks Like the Big Orange"
    Absolutely downhill from that point forward.

15. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I saw him shake when he hit the ground and my stomach dropped.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

2001 UGA was the angriest I ever left Neyland.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah. Talk about a roller coaster. 2004 Florida balanced the Force though.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I actually got in a fight with a drunk Tennessee fan that was calling Allen a ***** for not getting up.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was up there enough in 03 that I may as well had been enrolled

My freshman year should have been 03, but i took a year off and worked.

04 Reese hall

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That and the 93 AL game. Fulmer needed firing after each.