Your Favorite Television Shows

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Oct 20, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Since we're on an entertainment kick, why not go the TV route? It's a good escape from talking about mediocre football.

Clearly, Seinfeld is a favorite.

Personally, I like NCIS and Gotham. I was really big into Dexter until about season 4.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Also watched Spartacus quite a bit in its prime.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My list: Seinfeld, The Office, Breaking Bad, Lost, Andy Griffith, The West Wing

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Office, parks and rec, the league, curb your enthusiasm

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The original Law and Order series had about a 5 year run in the late 90's that was pretty awesome.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I forgot Archer.

I also never got the love for Lost. Or 24.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fargo is the best one going right now.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Oh and the Simpsons.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is terrific.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Seinfeld, curb, sopranos (rewatch it! it holds up), battlestar galactica, star trek deep space 9, office

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it got ridiculously repetitive. same for weeds and californication.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Always thought The Practice was great.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

six feet under was good until they literally had every possible bad thing happen to that family.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

TWD felt like it had the same problem, to me. Once it started to have to manufacture drama, like the wife doing something stupid while driving and then wrecking, I stopped watching.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm trying to think if there is any current show I REALLY enjoy. like i'd be upset if it got canceled and I can't come up with anything.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fargo? Bloodline?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the first season was great. after the main showrunner left it basically went to crap. i still watch it, albeit i'm usually a month behind, but it's mostly an action show now. 9 episodes of gotham got erased off of my dvr and i just gave up. i wasn't loving it before that. jada pinket was annoying the crap out of me.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

For those of you who like science fiction, you should check out Dark Matter. It is on Netflix right now, and got renewed for a second season on SciFi. It reminds me a little of Firefly in vibe.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

never seen either. for fargo i didn't really like the movie so that's why i havent' watched it. what's bloodline? keep in mind i'm too cheap to pay for premium cable anymore.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

done