Your Favorite Television Shows

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I can't believe Parks and Rec. isn't getting more love. Ron Swanson is one of the best characters ever.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

House

I love me some Gold Rush, too. I hope Parker kicks that *******, Todd Hoffman's, ass again this year in the gold count. I despise Hoffman. He think's he's funny. He's not. He thinks he's smart. He's not. He is Butch Jones' doppelgänger. REALLY can't stand that guy.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't why that other guy attaches his wagon to him at all.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

5. JayVols

I love Bering Sea Gold. Hell, I love all those gold mining shows. I like Deadliest Catch too.

Btw, I have a creek just behind my house. I've always wanted to do some panning in it for shits and giggles. I'm sure nothing is there, but would be fun, I think. There are some quartz veins around my area.

6. JayVols

I like Dave Turbin. Guy is smart. Hoffman is just a dumbass that thinks he's very intelligent. I mean, he's had a public feud on TV with a 20 year-old young man (kid) that has out mined his ass, badly, ever since he was 16 years-old. It's really pathetic the level of jealousy he has towards him. And his dad, Jack.....well.... his voice makes me want to club baby seals.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Should have mentioned that.

Agree about Swanson.

8. JayVols

Tony Beets hates Hoffman too. Beets has been kind of an ass to Parker, but I get that. Parker will be better off for it. Parker's had a lot of breaks with his grandfather giving him his mine, getting hooked up with Tony to mine some of his property, etc. BUT, the kid has worked to make the most of those opportunities. I really respect that.

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Good one. I thought Rubicon was also solid.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah but Beets is being an ass to push him, not to run him into the ground. I think Beets thinks that Hoffman is a retard

11. JayVols

Going old school, I loved the show Emergency! from the late '70s/early '80s.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Still disappointed they stretched the Rosie Larson case over two seasons. Still a good show though.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Thought the first season of ER was great.

14. JayVols

Exactly.

I do think there may be just a bit of "He's a kid, I can push him around" going on, but I do think Tony is trying to help him even if Parker realizes it or not. He'll just be stronger from these fires. I'm not sure Parker would have stood his ground on the contract with Beets/no compete contract with Gene Cheeseman in last week's show had he not faced adversity with Tony. He parlayed a situation where he was being told to pull all his men and equipment off Tony's Scribner Creek property (that had already been mined twice mind you) because he wouldn't sign the amended contract into getting the right to mine one of Tony's prime virgin ground claims. That was some good business right there. Tony acted like he wasn't going to let this kid out flank him early on, but I thought he realized that, like he was doing with Parker, it was just business. I think he was even a bit proud of Parker in the end. I hope he mines more gold on that ground than in all seasons combined.

And then you have Todd Hoffman. The guy that took his crew to the South American jungle to destroy all records only to mine less that 5 ounces of gold in the season.....He's an idiot.

15. JayVols

I liked ER too.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Breaking Bad
    Firefly
    Orphan Black
    Battlestar Galactica (the 2000s one)

those are a very clear top four, although I have to give a shoutout to Farscape as #5. Definitely the cultiest show I like, but while the effects are cheesy, the writing is fantastic. Gotta give it about 75% of season one before it really gets rolling though. And props to IP for making me not the first person to mention it. That was a surprise.

Orphan Black is the only one still in-progress, and I can't recommend it enough. It's one of those sci-fi shows that's set in the present (or near enough), and the story, characters, and acting are all tremendous.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Orphan Black is really good.

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

The Andy Griffith Show is bar none slam dunk number one. If they had just managed to keep Don Knotts around when they went to color it could have been even better also. So many great episodes - Man in a Hurry, The Case of the Punch in the Nose, Citizen's Arrest, The Sermon for Today, The Bank Job, and The Pickle Story are some of my favorites.

Others that I really, really liked:

That 70's Show - I was 18 when the show debuted and it was and still is one of my favorite shows. The Red Foreman character is probably my favorite in TV history. Seasons 2-5 of the show are great. Let's not discuss the last season where they went out with a whimper.

Married with Chidren - Al Bundy was my favorite TV character until Red Foreman took over. The 2 part episode where they live in the Supermarket is one of the funniest in the series. Plus who can forget that Season 2 Christmas Special where Santa dies in the Bundy backyard.

Game of Thrones - great story, good characters, my favorite show on TV right now.

Z Nation - I prefer this to The Walking Dead to be honest. It's campy and stupid but it hits the mark IMO. And I very much enjoy The Walking Dead.

Phineas and Ferb - for a parent that has to suffer through endless God awful cartoons this one stands far and above the rest. Excellent show that I enjoy all around whether the kids are watching or not.

Taxi - Vastly underrated IMO. Love Christopher Lloyd, Andy Kaufman, and Judd Hirsch in this show.

Doctor Who - I never got into the show until the reboot but man what an excellent show. I'm not as into the current Doctor though even though Capaldi is a fine actor.

The IT Crowd - possibly the funniest episode in the history of television IMO is the season 2 opener The Work Outing where they go to a gay musical. Roy and Moss are in top form in this episode.

Kingdom Hospital - Strange and intriguing. This was a one season show but it had a lot of good episodes. I really wish this story could have continued for one more season.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - it was ahead of it's time. Funny thing is that I never got into the show until it started airing repeats on FX. They had some really strong episodes throughout the run.

Reaper - Criminally underrated IMO. The kids parents sell his soul to the Devil and he has to work for him to recapture escaped souls. Great comedy in this show and Ray Wise as the Devil is great.

Other favorites:

Gilligan's Island
    Star Trek: TNG
    X-Files
    Supernatural
    The Simpsons
    King of the Hill
    Family Guy
    The Munsters
    Green Acres
    The Beverly Hillbillies
    Dukes of Hazzard
    M*A*S*H
    Scooby-Doo (various iterations as long as they don't include Scrappy)
    Gunsmoke
    Bonanza
    Dragnet
    Get Smart
    ALF
    Family Matters
    All in the Family
    Supermarket Sweep
    Match Game
    Wild and Crazy Kids
    He Man
    Life on Mars
    Jericho

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  19. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

:hi:

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think Tony was a little proud of Parker's pushing back and getting a better deal from the Cheeseman thing.

I think he really, really likes Parker, and that he's going to make him earn what he gets - because that's what you have to do, and what be expects.

I detest Jack Hoffman. And Todd is a lazy, scheming piece of shit. He's all at the center of everything, calling the shots with his rah-rah shit....right up until there's actual work to do, and then he's off on another goose chase. His latest bullshit - tripling the cut - simply to get the mining rights for Jack's bullshit, was stupid as hell. While I love me some Dave Turin, and he is the entirety of that operation, at some point he keeps coming back to Todd and allows him to do the shit that he pulls. At some point, it's Dave's fault, too.