Your greatest athletic achievement

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hallowed_hill, Mar 13, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

While we're on the topic of spelling bee, won the junior high spelling bee as a 6th grader. Frick yeah. Then I immediately went on to the county spelling bee only to misspell my first word "one". I spelled it "won". Hated being on stage.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Shoulda asked for it to be used in a sentence.

Jmo imo iyam gbo vfl bfc

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He just played some lower level pro stuff. Figured it might be a small world.

4. kidbourbon

I won the 8th grade spelling bee, and then went to County. Forget what I got bumped out on. Not as good a story as yours, though.

5. tankervol

tankervol Member

I won my 8th grade spelling bee as well. Went to county and screwed up the word "succinct."

Hitting my first left-handed home run in a tournament in Florida was pretty awesome. I taught myself how to switch hit, so when I hit that home run, I was ecstatic that all that work paid off.

I also had a batting average one season in little league that was over .800.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hit a 60+ ft 3 point shot in the state tournament at the buzzer to send the game into OT. We went on to win the game.

Oh wait....nevermind.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Coming late to this thread, but I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in:

Shot 100% from behind the international 3 pt line in Romania during a week-long mission trip (1-1)

Pulled CJ Fayton's flag in intramurals

Hit the longest flyout in intramural softball history, I swear. If any of y'all played at UT you'll remember how the fields were set up with right field extending forever. I'm not really a power bat, but every once in a while I can get a hold of one, and this was probably my once in a lifetime hit, but I hit it to pretty much dead center, maybe a little bit RC, but the left-center ran like 900 feet and caught it. I went ahead and counted it as a homer.

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

You will not rule Europe.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Balls on your chin

10. hallowed_hill

More bass in the monitor.

After recounting your prolific international hoops career, I suppose we need a greatest rock and roll superstar achievement thread.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And dale just got swatted........again.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I guess I'll have to stop posting here with all the Spelling Bee winners here! Way too smart for me. If not for spell check mine would read like this nsadbncna;mdkocncdndbskbmxz, ,MDLSNNCMNMAmlmskmnmc,mmlmmlm,mx .lmdkmc.m mckndhhds;

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

That would be me.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My partner and I won the 4.0 mixed doubles champ at Bristol Racquet Club.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

"Partner"? Don't worry rb, this is a very accepting board....

16. hallowed_hill

Yes. We need to hear about that. On the Romania trip he was talking about, we did concerts every day in high schools and then a big one at a theatre probably a little bigger than the Bijou. We rocked it out for sure. Fun experience.

As far as the basketball, we also played each of the high schools and handled them pretty well. But the university in town heard an American team was in town and wanted to play us. Game on. We came out of the locker room to see 6'8 posts that were absolutely ripped. Even their guards were like 6'4. Looked like a small college team here. We had I think two guys that even played in high school.

17. kidbourbon

Nice. You put it in her afterwards?

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Does shower sex on a torn ACL count? If so, that would probably be it.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Nah, she was kind of ugly, but a real aggressive doubles player. She was definitely much better than our opponents lady than I was compared to the guy. He and I were about even. My pluses were a decent serve and good anticipation of the return with being pretty darn quick. I often chased down and got a ball back when they didn't expect it.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

We had kids out there making out while we were playing. What more can be achieved?