Episode 7, with spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 18, 2015.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hey, quick thought here, these posts will show up in the recent posts on the main front page. That's no bueno

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Better not talk about Han Solo dying. Speaking of Han Solo dying, what the hell? They should have entitled the movie Han Solo Dies so I could have known not to go see it. Why even have Star Wars without Han? Are they at least going to bring back Lando?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Mark Richt has lost control of this guy

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Come on kpt...

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Eh, kinda. But still. She could fight his mind power and took the ls from the snow from him. Not saying she couldn't do it once trained, but cmon. He was weak, but unless we find out we find out a parent was a jedi, then meh.

I'm also actually curious as to who actually trained him. I am willing to suspect it was someone connected to rey. He seemed to be aware of her when he first encountered her.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

She went from 0 to Badass Jedi too fast IMO

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I'd still hit it

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh yeah, I don't know if I buy the "Rey is Luke's daughter theory" but she has to be connected to someone. Or maybe she is just a giant midichlorian

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Like the fist of an angry god

10. CardinalVol

It's covered in one of the comic books released leading up to this.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't really disagree, it was a minor beef, but I thought that was a fairly well thought out explanation

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

For real? I gotta find that. The comics are pretty good

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I want to know which sun they drained to fire the weapon the first time

14. CardinalVol

We see her separated from allegedly her parents when she first touches Luke's ls. That's why I don't necessarily buy the she's Luke's daughter line.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I looked at the recent posts thing. It doesn't show the whole post, just the first sentence or so. So, save the juicy stuff for the end of your posts, I guess.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I am looking forward to seeing that scene again

17. CardinalVol

To be released in February. My bad. Guess the date changed.

18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

+1

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I liked it.

Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia, not Lou Ferrigno and Chyna. And, unless the force somehow acts as some form of super testosterone - in which case I missed that, then I don't see the big deal about his character. He seemed the right amount of angry and loose to play the part.

To me, the first movie of this trilogy has to tie the previous set of movies to the new plotline. It did it in a hurry. Possibly too fast, but it did it.

Han has been in 4 Star Wars movies now. It's ok for him to die, considering his character looked old and decrepit.

So much happened so fast in this movie that I'm really curious now what else is left to cover. And, for goodness sake, the last scene should have been about two minutes shorter. It got a bit awkward.

Overall - I give it a B.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The more I think about it, the more I think KPT nailed Kylo's character - and that's the way it was meant to be in the early going.

Kid finds out he is in the same bloodline as one of the all time great villains, goes crazy thinking he can match him. Kills a bunch of child jedis, thinks he's the shit.

Add a little salt and, voila. You have Kylo Ren.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015