POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Me knowing it's going to happen doesn't make it any less exhausting.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

How do you differentiate incitement of ONE person from ONE person having a mental issue?

It's easy with a group, the odds of a group having the same mental issue is so rare as to be near impossible.

Each of those events, it was one person acting as one. Not a group, acting as a group.

3. fl0at_

And yet, you continue to do it.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Go back to my Chick-fil-A example. Does it matter if the one person who burns down a Chick-fil-A has a mental issue? Does his mental issue alleviate me from the charge of incitement? Does it matter what that mental issue is, or is it just any mental issue?

And again, the Dallas shooter was not the sole example of violence against police at that time. The Bernie bro was pretty isolated, but again, I don't think that really matters.

5. fl0at_

Yes it matters if that one person has a mental disorder because: how do you differentiate between incitement and a mental disorder?

Again, it is still one person acting as one. 100 individuals acting alone, shooting cops is 100 individuals acting alone, shooting cops. 100 people in a group shooting cops is one group of people shooting cops.

You can piece together as many individual examples as you want, but you won't find a group doing it. And that will remain the difference, because: how do you differentiate between incitement and a mental disorder?

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why do you need to differentiate? Are you claiming incitement can't exist if the person being allegedly incited has a mental disorder? Is that your claim? That one cannot incite a person with a mental disorder? That seems extremely flimsy. If anything, I'd say that it's easier to incite someone with a mental disorder.

Your group/individual actor thing seems to be 100% based on your incitement vs. mental disorder argument, which is a pretty poor argument so far. I don't think there's a difference between 100 people acting as a group to kill cops and 100 individuals acting individually to kill cops, if, at the core of all those people's reasoning, is words uttered by a person who is allegedly inciting them. If 6 different people act alone to burn down 6 separate Chick-fil-A's after my speech, do I get away with it because they all acted individually?

7. fl0at_

Because in order to attribute the motive, you have to find what the major cause. The major cause of a person with a mental disorder doing a thing is the mental disorder. Yes, it is easier to incite someone with a mental disorder. It is hard to incite a whole bunch of people. That's how you know one was due to the exterior (the incitement) and the other was due to the interior (the mental disorder).

There is absolutely a difference between an internal driver, and an external driver. That you cannot understand external vs internal drivers does not make it a poor argument, it means you struggle with understanding. 100 individuals acting alone are internally driven.

Do you get away with what? Your speech was in poor form, and you should get all kinds of negative speech directed at you. You should be lamented in history, for as long as your actions are considered heinous. But I cannot differentiate external triggers vs internal triggers in an individual. I can in a group, because groups don't have consciousness. Therefore, the only way a group moves, is external drivers.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Did the Dallas police shooter even cite Obama as a reason or suggest he was motivated by Obama in any way? His motivation was watching the Rodney King beating over and over and anger over other police shootings. How in the hell are you going to make an equivalency connection there with the direct consequence of masses of people directly going from Trump's rally? Because Obama said something about cops? You are almost comical in the lengths to create these false equivalencies to exonerate Trump's liability.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

the executive powers will be remembered to have ballooned to absurdity under 45. And the "party of small government" engineered it.

11. Unimane

This is absolutely insane. Representative Adam Kinzinger was sent a letter from 11 members of his family telling him he was disowned and "a disappointment to us and God" for voting to impeach Trump. It is beyond me the level of cultish devotion to this person. It will boggle my mind to the end of my days.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This Mars Rover stuff is incredible but WTF.

utvol0427, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Texas ain't the kind of place to raise your kids.
    In fact, it's cold as hell.

14. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

To be honest I think it’s a little misguided to focus too much on Trump here. Who is behind it matters (not implying it’s one person/ group), but HOW we got to a point where a not insignificant number of seemingly functional Americans could be completely brainwashed. It’s tragic, so many stories out there from people my age whose parents were legit just normal people and never even paid attention to politics and all the sudden they have lost their damn minds.

SetVol13, Unimane and IP like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a great point. Blaming Trump for Q is kind of circular, anyway.

16. HCKevinSteele

And reading those stories makes me super proactive with my folks. I don’t think it could ever happen to them, but a lot of people felt that way and saw it happen to their parents. For example just the other day my Dad said something about the energy issues in Texas and how it wind farms/ solar or whatever. I’m like where did you see/hear that. I don’t think he watches Fox but maybe Abbot or another Texas official was on another channel spilling bullshit, I don’t know. But I just vehemently told him that is a lie. It’s not a half truth or a distortion, it’s a flat out lie.

Everything just seems so effed up now and younger generations can see through it and try to live their lives, but the country has devolved in a lot of ways that many boomers just don’t comprehend.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had to explain that modern electricity-generating wind turbines are a northern European, Scandinavian design. That they function as a major part of the grid of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany... that they use them in Antarctica for more than a decade... It's about as dumb as saying natural gas doesn't work in the cold. Of course it does. If you properly winterize it.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Agree and disagree and unsure what younger generations are "seeing thru it". Boomers don't understand quite a bit, including intolerance and actions like Pelosi ripping up the state of the union speech on camera, a treasonous type act in any other time and something never seen before and hopefully not again. They see actions like that lauded by the so called more informed younger generations and the lack of respect pisses them off.
    Younger generations live behind fake names on Twitter, want $15 minimum wage without considering the overall picture, want to run up college bills and not have to pay as other generations have had to, want free Healthcare that someone else has to pay for, wants to tear down statues that have no bearing on their lives, and riots in the streets doing millions of damage under the guise of a cause, among many other things. Its not difficult to understand why older generations don't understand those actions, especially when they are rationalized as part of "just living their lives"

19. HCKevinSteele

In my post I described it as a “not insignificant” amount of people. I’m not saying it’s all boomers. And that’s a hell of a caricature of young people. That is not the norm, that’s twittersphere version of young people. I think far more representative opinions would be:

-We’re fine paying for college, but we have to fix this broken as hell system. This is not a virtue argument, older generations paid functionally nothing compared to what it cost now.
    -We’re smart enough to know there is no such thing as “free” healthcare. But the system we have now is untenable. There may not be a perfect fix, but we have to do better.
    -What statues you talking bout here? If you’re talking Abe Lincoln or similar yeah we’ve got some crazies that think they want communism and need to tear it all down. If you’re talking confederate generals you’re gonna be telling on yourself in a big way.

SetVol13, IP and The Dooz like this.
  20. Unimane

Perhaps the problem of not understanding is you've mischaracterized the motivations and thinking of the younger generations on these topics, wholly associating them to negative or selfish reasons which fails to consider they might be right or they have a less than nefarious intention or understanding of the situation. Frankly, this sounds like every older generation in history thinking the younger generation is going to shit because they dared changed or wanted to change the facets of world the older generation created.

SetVol13, IP and The Dooz like this.