SpartacusVols

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, May 31, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Heading up the Batshit Crazy Division is WoodsmanVol. Dude is certifiable.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

WoodsmanVol is like a Gonzaga or Calipari-era Memphis. He always makes a run from nowhere and you know he'll eventually win one.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i take it a bunch of stuff got deleted? i love it when people air their personal baggage on a messageboard.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's two versions of volnation. What gets posted and what gets left.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

What thread on TOOS is all this coming from?

6. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

The main one is WR recruiting under dooley in the recruiting forum. o all negavols and haters in the football forum is a good one, too.

Is OCI Sab?

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

It has been mentioned before Darth. It certainly does line up.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

OCI seems like an interesting handle from a guy that lives in Nashville if it is Sab.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Thats what most people feel that he is, personally I don't have a clue.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Very watered down. Even volly making reference to what is unmentionable and volsfan75 expressing that it was BS for a mod to gaod a poster (me) into talking about a place whose name can't even be mentioned.

I posted the quotes here because I knew they wouldn't last. They are on the previous page, I think, if you are so inclined.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I still find it beyond humorous that you can't mention this site but can openly bring up the others over there.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It's funny that a board with 40K members feels so threatened by a group of "nega-vols", as they put it. I'd like to slap the person that came up with that term.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It's kinda like Spart calling us P***ies is acceptable but we can't say anything back.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What is so hard about looking at the WR position and realizing Tennessee returns 3 guys with a catch? Why is saying that there is a lot of unproven guys at that position so bad?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you just don't get it. inexperience is a positive. it means guys can only get better and obviously if they are starting the coaches must think they are great. lack of talent is a huge positive because those are glue guys and not primadonas like the talented guys.

16. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

eric made the point that eludes the Doolanders.

Somehow Dooley is going to get big wins against the Bamas/LSUs of the world without top-level talent. But after we get those big wins, then the big time recruits are going to roll in here no problem. Easy enough.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and of course these are teh same people arguing they dont want 5 star recruits because they are thugs. i particurally enjoyed the list of schools that have it easier recruiting wise with tenn and seeing oklahoma on that list. whaaa? i'd say oklahoma and tenn are mirrors in that they have little in state recruiting base, but access to a huge recruiting base regionally historically dominated by others.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think this is the logic behind a lot of the people who still believe in Dooley:

1. The roster was a mess when Dooley took over.
    2. The roster is more complete after a couple seasons.
    3. Therefore, Dooley is doing a great job of recruiting and rebuilding.

And because of that, people seem to assume that even if Dooley doesn't work out, the next coach will inherit a great situation.

That logic may be fine if you're okay just losing by 14 instead of 30, but it doesn't really mean Tennessee is closing the gap on Bama and LSU.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm about to go as far as to say that Freak told Sab he wanted him to post but that he couldn't use that name because of Sab's little......problems with UT and the compliance department.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oci showed up right after sab declared he was taking a break. also it would be weird for some random person to start posting that kind of info out of the blue. it's obviously a new handle for someone and sab would be the most probable.