Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Osovet just hired as the coach at Heritage High School.

This could be interesting.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Week from lax season and my son got crushed in scrimmage and hurt his back going for a ball many kids would back away from with a 19 yr old sr getting there the same time. 5'8 120 vs 6'3 190 didn't fare well for him. Hopefully just temporary but sucks because his confidence has been up and looked like he was going to be 2nd sub middie and first freshman to get on the field and has been in the best shape. They run more than any sport I've been around.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

First day of official practice for spring sports. Been giddy all day.

It'll last about 5 minutes into mass infield drills and I'll snap a fungo and send everyone home.

zehr27, Ssmiff and justingroves like this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

NYY after first day of practice:

[​IMG]

CardinalVol, NYY and Volgrad98 like this.
  5. CardinalVol

First day in pads for my 7 and 8 year olds. Always an enjoyable/hilarious day.

Ssmiff likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

Boy is running track this spring with middle school. He's going to run the distance stuff. Doubt he'll get to do a meet, but he loves running and hopefully he'll get to the next 2 years.

justingroves likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

Kid from Scott County scored the 3000th point of his high school career last night. 23rd player in the states history to do it.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's a good kid too. All the covid stuff kept him from being way higher, but that's Scott's 2nd player in the 3,000 point club.

9. CardinalVol

That's impressive. That 2 from one school have done it is even crazier. Any colleges looking at him?

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah he’ll go somewhere but he’s getting attention from lower D1 schools to NAIA so don’t know how it will pan out.

CardinalVol likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Head out 6 am tomorrow with a van full to go play ky state champ Lexington Catholic and Henry Clay this weekend. Come back and play MBA. Pretty rough schedule to start.

CardinalVol and Poppa T like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Beat Lex catholic 15-5. At Henry Clay tomorrow should be better test. Last 2 minutes in a game that's over can tend to get ugly out of frustration

13. Ssmiff

You know as you get older sometimes stuff just hits you. Son didn't get in as early as we hoped but we also know even the jv team is loaded and as a freshman he just needs to enjoy the ride, get better and be patient.
    Then while watching the V game I look up and see all the jv kids together, dressed in same sweats with numbers, cheering on their older teammates and busting their balls a little. Smiles on every kids face. That truly is what team sports is about. That bonding too many kids today don't get to know.

justingroves and Poppa T like this.
  14. Ssmiff

I will say I haven't seen him play since 8th grade season and he's grown a bit. When he did get in he squared up this big fella who's ass was way to high and drove him back 2 yards so #12 can get the ball. He will never be fancy but he does a lot of this stuff.

Attached Files:

justingroves likes this.
  15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Seeing adults participating and enjoying kids' (especially their own) participation in any positive activity is a joy for this old man.

Good onya and all y'all involved.

justingroves likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

Anyone want to inform me on how middle school track meets work?

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

You keep getting older. They stay the same age

InVolNerable likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Bring a seat back and a snack. Meet days can be looong.

justingroves likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

I feel dirty and that there's gonna be a SWAT team in my office just reading that.

I do see some of these girls talk to my son and he just is in la la land. I just stare at him in amazement.