Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Feels like this is @Unimane wheel house.

NorrisAlan and CardinalVol like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was kinda fishing for it, but no bites.

10SEvols likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You got my dude in football again this year? His dad told me they started up. No reports but I’m good with him soon so I’m sure he will fill me in.

4. CardinalVol

He moved up to the 9s. Got his step bro though and talked daddy into coaching again. LOL

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I coached him in tee ball also, but I think just one season. He’s gonna be the tall one. His uncle makes me feel short and I’m 6’2. His mom and grandma are tall too.

6. CardinalVol

He's still in the figuring it out stage. We've got 2 or 3 7s that are ahead of the rest, but he'll be fine in due time.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Could the TSSAA have made the WB-Farragut issue any more of a cluster[uck fay]?

8. CardinalVol

Nope.

This is what happens when you have an idiot in charge that a decade into it is still way over his head.

I'll say this much, WB's AD is fighting like there is no tomorrow over this for both teams.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What is the issue?

10. CardinalVol

There was a "brawl" and refs, well ref, ejected all the players except 3 for WB and 2 for Farragut. Originally the T$$AA disqualified both teams. Farragut appealed and was reinstated. WB fought to finish the game. Now they are going to play the final 1:38 of the game in a closed gym at 5pm tomorrow night. Winner's JV team (Farragut leads 63-50) gets to play Bearden at 7 because everyone else has been ejected and has to serve a 2 game suspension (which Farragut is also appealing and I will have no idea unleash a load of lawyers if it's not overturned).

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

After that "fight" they ended the game. TSSAA decided to remove both teams from the region tournament before announcing today that the teams were reinstated and the remaining 1:38 could be completed as a 2 on 1 match up as those were the only players that would be eligible due to everyone else being ejected for their role in the "fight" or for leaving the bench.

InVolNerable likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My favorite part of the video is the police officers rushing in at the end like they were breaking up a prison riot.

13. CardinalVol

Thought it was 3 on 2.

How in the hell is the 1 supposed to inbound the ball?

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I read 2 on 1 in the Knox News article this afternoon, but that was my question. Maybe the old "off the back of the unaware defender" trick? Maybe "Make it, take it" rules?

15. CardinalVol

I'm just gonna stand my 2 guys at the free throw line and see what he does. Best case scenario is throw ball to other end and in stays in bounds.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would refuse to show up for the game. [uck fay] that.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Should've been 2 or 3 techs and move on

CardinalVol and utvol0427 like this.
  18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That announcer is East TN homer to a T. I love it, haha.

cpninja likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

First time getting to see my son on hudl is pretty cool. Hes 5 steps every 10 yards full sprint with the ball in the stick right now and moving well. Would like to cut highlights from it and send to family that's never seen him play but don't know how and it may be private right now as the link has practice video too.
    Varsity played and lost to mba 13-12 Monday night. That's the game I wish non lacrosse watchers would have been at on the sideline. 6 or 7 future college players. Mba #22 going to VMI and could change direction as fast as I've seen in any sport. Think that's the closest we have ever played mba, who has a new crop of Maryland and Georgia kids recruited to the school as they are a top program in the SE US.
    Brentwood 6'4 kid can shoot it 80+ mph lefty or righty and on the run. Crazy skills

Poppa T and CardinalVol like this.
  20. Ssmiff

We don't have lockers or really even a home field as we play mostly at Crockett Park where the grass is clunky. Tonight jv at mba. Mba just built a new facility. Check out the lacrosse lockers. Son is a tad jealous.

Attached Files: