POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Another document was supposedly something on a foreign leader.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I said this to myself half a dozen times starting around 2018. I would like to think that even he is not that stupid but I'm well past the point of giving him the benefit of a doubt when it comes to much of anything. At a minimum, just having the stuff should be jail time just like it would be for you or me. He's not a king.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hes a lot of things but not going to do something to try to make millions of Americans die a nuclear death. It’s a bit much

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I do believe Trump will sell anything. I mean anything.

I truly think he believes:

1. he can delay/defer any personal accountability because everybody else is stupid (and he has a very big brain) and/or
    2. everybody loves him and he really can shoot anybody and still get elected and/or
    3. it is somebody else's fault and/or
    4. he will be dead when the shit hits the fan, so he does not care.

Hyperbolic, or not, that is what I think.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I think it was the French leader. Macron?

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If he indeed was willing to trade nuclear secrets there are a lot more possible outcomes than millions of Americans dying a nuclear death, though that it one. Him selling secrets is not my most likely scenario but its definitely in the realm of possible.

Having boxes of TS/SCI documents just laying around is a big [uck fay]ing deal. There are a finite number of TS/SCI clearances allowed across the DoD, DoE, and DoJ. It takes a hell of a lot of work and scrutiny to be approved. Your life is turned upside down and investigated, you have to undergo polys, etc. Even then everything is government by a strict need to know. That Trump doesn't give a shit about any of that is probably the least surprising thing I learned this week, but people go to jail over this stuff, and this is how our secrets get out. It's how the Chinese J-31 looks an awfully lot like the F-35. We have to do hours of training every year about this stuff and our information is much less important than anything that would be marked with a TS.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I also thought despite all his [itch bay]ing an moaning he'd quietly leave the white house. Instead he tried his best to have Pence and other Congressmen throw out the election results to keep him in office. We have to acknowledge that he's a pretty [uck fay]ing stupid person, that without a hell of a lot of charisma would have, at best, become the local real estate agent big wig.

8. Ssmiff

he’s stupid in some things and not in others. You don’t become a business mogul and president if you are dumb all over.
    I’ve said time and again I understand why people don’t like him, but hate can also cloud judgement of common sense and ain’t no way Trump was selling nuclear codes. Zero chance.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

And I've pointed out that's not the only possible reason for him having those documents. We don't even know (and probably never will know given the sensitivity of the data) what all is there, other than his possession and continued possession of them after he was previously and repeatedly asked to return them was completely and wholly inappropriate.

10. Ssmiff

and I’ve pointed out the people who claim the nuke stuff are whack. You are bringing up other points which really have nothing to do with what I posted.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Trump did give him hell so that would make sense

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's what I was thinking too.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Off subject but have you ever been to Lagniappe Bayou Kitchen in Goodlettsville? I know you are very familiar with that area. Its my new favorite restaurant.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The most important thing (imo) that needs to be done, regardless of what Trump did or did not do with the Classified/TS info, is that a damage assessment be done by the appropriate Intellegence group(s), so we can try and mitigate any risk/damage that may have been done. We also should take steps to prevent some future dipshit from doing the same.

He has had the stuff for what, 18 months? That is ridiculous.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

They should have never left the WH is my understanding. Even when POTUS, they should never have been there

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's top notch

zehr27 likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, might want to update this one.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was surprised to hear some people say they didn't think he'd run. Of course he's running.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Really worst case scenario for the GOP, especially if it drags out. They're probably rooting for a quick indictment and trial.