POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Also should the banks not be liable as well for allowing this to happen?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

They should look at real estate FRAUD, yes. What you are describing is fraud. There can't be two systems for the rich and the poor.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its done all the time and allowed. There are several ways to calculate the value of a business and each way can come up with a different value. For instances you could calculate a businesses worth based on cash flow and say that is what it is worth when reporting to the IRS and that would be accepted if you could argue that is what you believe the business is worth based on the numbers you have available. If you would go to sell that business and the buyer would need financing the bank would most likely be willing to use a multiplier of EBITDA based on the industry to get the buyer financing to complete the sale. That number most likely would be much larger than the cash flow valuation used previously. So who are we penalizing in this case?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you can justify the valuations, there isn't fraud. If you can't, there is.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is what Trump was arguing, he could justify the value based on certain valuations. Like I have said this is done all the time and allowed because there is multiple ways to value assets which allows you to do this. I don't see how the banks are not just as liable in a lot of these cases.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

When a county assessor sets the value of a home at way less than what it should be should the home owner turn themselves in for fraud because they are paying way less taxes then they should be?

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s also important remember it’s subjective instead of objective on value.

And it only takes one to make that the real value, even if you think it’s [uck fay]ing crazy

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, all it takes is one person willing to pay that price. Part of a free market.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

And in a court of law it was shown that he used fraudulent methods.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If the guy getting the speeding ticket was the one guy ticketed out of thousands of speeders that day and was pulled over solely because of his Obama bumper sticker, I think it would be a better comparison. Trump never runs for office and this is never pursued.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Because they can make it fraudulent. They are making rules up.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

100%. Dems in NY have weaponized the judicial system and its sad.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe if you guys just repeat it a few more times I'll forget about the proven fraud.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Poor people do it too

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And laughing pretty hard at this being some kind of strike at rich people having their own justice system. This is still so widespread as to be the standard of practice and will continue to be so long after Trump is dead and buried. And his net worth has zero to do with the motivation behind this suit and everyone knows it.

You shouldn’t have to be a “Trump ass kisser” to recognize that turning the justice system against politicians just to harm their chances of winning is a terrible idea, even if you despise the guy getting the shaft.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is a terrible idea, and I don't think that is what happened here. More attention came on this due to his Trump school thing which turned out to be scam, and his nonprofit which also turned out to be a scam. This didn't materialize out of nothing.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

When a county assessor sets the value of a home at way less than what it should be should the home owner turn themselves in for fraud because they are paying way less taxes then they should be?

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would be singing this tune no matter who the person is. Hunter is a POS but the only reason they are going after him now after years of being a POS is because of his dad. Its a joke.

justingroves likes this.
  19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That happened 13 years ago. Funny they act now.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, that is the county assessor's business. Trump didn't have a county or city assessor valuation, he was reporting valuations based on false information to get better rates.