GOP Debate - Round 2

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Sep 16, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hey as far as I know he's a legal citizen.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

There is merit to that idea, IP. But so long as I have 60%+ of Americans who want them deported, I'm going to ram that home until it's stopped, and you drag me to the negotiating table, kicking and screaming.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He said rights and privileges. I don't think you seriously believe he's advocating for them to some new class of sub citizen, but clearly as non-citizens they will forego certain rights.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was meant in jest.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're kinda scary. You are the Heath Ledger Republican.

6. Tenacious D

I meant that speaking as a political operative, IP, more so than a personal opinion.

I would consider the idea, personally. But politically, I have the high ground of broad public support, and you'll have to take it, because I won't surrender it by making that deal. Not unless I'm forced to do so, and thus far, that needle isn't budging an ounce.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Scott Walker is a boring man.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

He may have said rights and privileges, now that you say that.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

He should go home. There are some interesting people on that stage, and he's like that neighbor you've lived next to for 3 year but don't know their name.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I rewound it. That is what he said.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Me too

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It seems like these were ready to come out and at least pretend to focus on issues and not so much attacking each other. The moderators totally pitted them against each other. "Hey, remember when this other candidate said this about you? Care to address it in a WWF style monologue?"

13. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

black on black crime. isn't that what everyone says no one cares about?

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Can I finish? Can I finish? I'm finished.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fiorina will be in second in the polls in two weeks.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

When force is applied to deport, public support will crumble like a sand castle in the waves. It will play out like Elian Gonzalez multiplied by millions.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What the hell Christie? Don't touch IP's pot.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Quite possible.

19. Tenacious D

I've said it since Day 1 - I hate the entire two-party system, including the GOP.

I am for anyone or anything that exposes the hypocrisies, convenient half-truths and mountainous BS which they incessantly spew, and the bastardization which they have jointly wrought upon the American people and its political system, and the same which they now so ferociously defend, together.

I hate them both, equally. And fully.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Paul is dead on about the marijuana thing.

And folks should commend Jeb Bush for his honesty. He probably isn't the only one who smoked pot on that stage.