2016 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Jul 22, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't know that. So she's with Trump on that. Won't be voting for her then.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I didn't know trump was against them as just "bullshit" pushed by big pharm

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He thinks vaccines cause autism.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Please. Trumps not against vaccine.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And you'd still rather her win, than Trump.

Any vote not cast for Trump is a vote for Lyin' Crooked Hillary. Gary Johnson, write in Bernie, write in your momma's favorite flower, whatever - all votes for Lyin' Crooked Hillary.

She is the atypical scapegoat, to give the appearance of those responsible being held accountable, but affecting nothing. She was neither the impetus nor totality of reason(s) why the DNC picked Lyin'' Crooked Hillary over Bernie. All of those who did it, or a very large percentage of them, will still be in place once this blows over. And if Lyin' Crooked Hillary does win in November, she isn't going to punish these same people, but will reward them, instead. And that's why they did it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. Tenacious D

And Wikileaks has called this the "Week of Clinton" or something - they have more and it's coming.

The Russians do have a treasure trove of tens of thousands of Clinton / Clinton Foundation emails, which they got from hackers who hacked her, and then tried to hack them (Russian government). It's everywhere - Google it.

I think I've already mentioned this, and some weeks ago, IIRC.

You have not see the last of Clinton's emails, and I don't believe that they'll get better or be more helpful to her, than those that have already been leaked.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't live with a vote for Trump, and I won't apologize for it or have someone tell me my political views mean less than someone else's because I won't conform to the two parties. Shame on you for that.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You've said she didn't beat him in the popular vote. Seems like a double standard.

10. Tenacious D

I neither told you to vote for Trump, nor asked you to apologize for not intending to do so.

I damned sure didn't ask you - or anyone else - to conform to either Party. Further, I didn't estimate the value of your vote, at all, and no matter how it was cast.

To be sure, I do believe that anyone who thinks that Lyin' Crooked Hillary should be POTUS is a blind, deaf and cuckolded fool of the first and highest order, but I didn't say that, here.

Instead, I'll assume that you mistakenly quoted my post, instead of someone else's, and to whom it was originally intended.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

There was a time he was winning the pop vote when including caucus states and they didn't count them in the total. Later, when she was winning without them they put them in. I don't know exactly what you are referring to as a double standard. As it stands he has less votes, but as I said there are many issues with how the voting and primaries was done. Hence the controversy.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The clear message is that a vote for anyone is a vote against Trump and for Hillary. And some tell me a vote for anyone but Hillary is a vote for Trump and against Hillary. It's an old piece of rhetoric I reject. You didn't mean to imply I was complicit with Hillary by not voting for Trump? My mistake, but it was an easy one to make.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The double standard is that you get to claim Bernie wins the popular vote but he doesn't get to make the claim for Hillary. Your evidence just points to the notion that maybe she didn't win.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Huh? I am not claiming Bernie won the popular vote. I am indeed claiming this primary was muddied in the same way a sports competition would be with biased officiating. There's no double standard.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Alrighty. Cheerfully withdrawn.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My vote for Aunt Edna is a vote for Aunt Edna. This faulty line of reasoning just continues the two party system that is loathed by so many.

Especially this election cycle. Both the main candidates are so distasteful (to most) that a viable third party could emerge if the powers that be would allow it to happen. But that won't happen.

The people have to force it to happen, and that is vote your conscience, not matter what. If that means vote for Trump, vote for Trump.

I will be voting for Gary Johnson, most likely, and that is a vote for Gary Johnson.

19. Tenacious D

1. It isn't a "faulty line of reasoning" it is a "fact", based on "reality". Whether it hinders or supports the two-Party system or not (now the second time in one thread where I've been accused for shilling for either Party, and which is stupid, even on its face) is immaterial.

2. There are no doubt countless people running for POTUS. In addition, you can write in whomever you want. But of those options, there are two (2) - and only two (2) - who are truly viable candidates for the office - Lyin' Crooked Hillary and Donald Trump.

3. Any vote for anyone other than Lyin' Crooked Hillary or Trump is, however you intend it for/against, is a completely wasted vote. "Wasted" in the sense that it will have no impact - none, whatsoever - on who wins the race, between the only two viable candidates.

4. The only reason(s) why a reasonable person would vote for anyone other than Trump would be a silly preference for hollow pleasantries and political correctness, above all else, because it makes them feel "progressively" advanced, it gives the faux appearance of being societally chic amongst other and similarly stupid dullards, they are butt hurt that he dispatched of their chosen political deity, they are being willfully obstinate and/or intellectually dishonest, or they simply hate America.

I do believe that you are reasonable - at least before reading this Indy-level dumb-shit - and don't believe that you are those other things, and hence, your voting for anyone but Trump actually is one that should go to him, but won't (and that's ok) - and will be wasted, instead.

So, a Trump vote that isn't actually cast for him is, in reality, a vote for Lyin' Crooked Hillary, even in abstentia.

You can not like the fact that a non-Trump vote helps Lyin' Crooked Hillary, and you could have no intention of it doing so, but the fact remains that it will. And no amount of wishful thinking, holding hands or lighting incense will make that fact any less true. Sorry?

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

This is "Indy-level" dumb.