It may be time to cut ties with California

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ben4vols, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Uh, yeah, actually, it is. There's no measure that says Arkansas or Mississippi are better off than California other than they happen to be more in tune with you politically, so you pretend it's so. What measure could you possibly justify your statement?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oregon and Washington would be right behind them. Hawaii too.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You'd see a ton of industry hq move east. I'm guessing it wouldn't work out like they wanted.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's true, but I don't think anyone comes out ahead.

5. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Take him out and there are plenty more just like him ready to take his spot. So what good does it do?

6. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I'm all for trying to peacefully preserve our Republic and respecting each states sovereign right. I expect a domino effect, one which has been coming for quite some time now. How those new nations shake out, we shall see. I think your christian ayatollah fear is as unfounded as someone saying the western nation would turn into a Sharia Law hell hole.

7. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Much better chance that America comes out way ahead. Again, without some serious political change, CA is headed for disaster.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

How? You haven't supported your statement at all. How are they headed for disaster?

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I know a good mason that will be looking for work in the near future.

[​IMG]

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

How so?

I don't want them to go nor do I think they should, but it isn't all that. I never even think about the place. The three hour time difference puts us in different worlds.

The entire idea of the departure is stupid, but it would crater CA in a hurry.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The place is a fiscal disaster.

12. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Google California and failed state. Plenty of good reading.

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Fiscal is only part of it too. Their demographics are shit. Their education system churns out anti-Freedom Fascist morons. They welcome being overrun with low skill or no skill workers, many of whom do not share the political ideology of America. They elect and are run by mindless authoritarian zombies who masquerade as free speech hippies who love every person in the world. They really are France in many ways.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I suppose he means their debt. If California were to secede though, do they still owe their share of the national debt? I don't really know how that would work. If they didn't, then they would actually be in a much better position debt-wise.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess the United States is a failed state as well, then.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I hate California as much as the next guy, but if they break off from the United States, it will be the beginning of the end for us.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not really. we are rich enough we can afford it. that's not to say it's not mostly stupidly spent.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Umm, no.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

as for the education system. it's by far the best public education collegiate system in the world.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm for them staying, you can kill 7 mallards and 30 geese a day.

It's also the pintail capitol of the world