President Trump Administration and Russia

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 2, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am fine with an investigation. I am just trying to figure out the end game for those wanting an investigation. Lets pretend it is proven that Trump spoke to Putin asking to crush Hillary. Then what?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Depends on the details. At a minimum, the American people have a right to know. Do you find the idea, as fantastic as it may seem, that he colluded with Russia to win and may be influenced in any number of ways by Russia to be the least bit disturbing?

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Start at 5:20 to 7:30

[video=youtube;QuPNViSiGck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPNViSiGck[/video]

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am not finding this on the interwebz; source?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

He initially said he wouldn't, when he was being asked because of the first guy who was talking to Russia about sanction relief.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I was also having trouble because of the newest story but found this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/...eral-jeff-sessions-russia-inquiries.html?_r=0

Mr. Sessions said last month that he saw no need to remove himself from any decisions involving Russia-related investigations and the White House, writing that he was “not aware of a basis to recuse myself.”

He said today that he asked his staff to investigate and their finding came back today saying there is a basis so he recussed himself as he said he would.

As for me I don't think that asking his staff was required. It should be pretty obvious that he should recuss himself if nothing else because of the optics.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  9. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I'm trying hard? I think you are projecting. Sessions has been consistent in his recusal from his confirmation to his statement today.

10. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It would be disturbing, but it isn't true. What is disturbing is the whole story is a CIA invention. If that is found to be true, would that be disturbing to you?

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It should not have taken the suggestion from his staff. The optics alone were reason enough to do it.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) In and of itself it would be disturbing. For those wanting an investigation, which I am fine with, what happens after being disturbed; what do they want?

2) you have now taken it to a whole new, pissing on Russian hookers, level.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Did you mention the crime?

14. Tenacious D

It has been confirmed (and since reported) that he had met with the Justice Department Ethics Committee on Monday about the possible need to recuse himself from any potential investigation into Trump's campaign & Russia. They met again today to receive their recommendation that he should recuse himself, he concurred with their recommendation and announced it.

Next.

15. Tenacious D

Present your proof of foreign interference in this election, withdraw the comment, or admit to being a shamelessly partisan liar.

16. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

These guys know whats going on behind the scenes. They know this is a phony story fabricated by the CIA. He said from day one, if there was a chance for bias he would recuse himself. He didn't think there was, his staff did, so he recused himself.

17. Tenacious D

I'm not fine with an investigation until there is compelling evidence to suggest that such is necessary, and not merely and baselessly alleged.

18. Tenacious D

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

20. Tenacious D

That Joint Session speech has got this mug AMPED.

The American people are realizing that Trump's not the caricature the alt-left has desperately tried to convince them that he is.

I'm all for all of this Russian stuff. As much as the Dems want to push.