POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The old thread has expired, so we can continue here.

How did he do on accomplishing the goals he set for himself in his first 100 days?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm tired of winning.

3. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

If the "old thread" expired, there was probably a reason. I assume the thread comitted suicide.

I'm not a advocate for it but I don't blame that thread at all. I'm sure Tenny will thank nurse IP for the resurrection.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's still active, I just meant the title no longer described the present.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I am extremely disappointed with Trump so far. Few items that were promised have had much momentum, if not totally unstarted. Too much effort being spent instead on passing blame, obscuring the lack of success with trivial searching for unimportant things, or downright false or at best poorly researched information being thrown out ill advisedly.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

So....he continued to act like campaigner Trump....also known as Donald Trump.

7. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

While Trump has been largely spinning his tires in the swamp, what have the Dems done to make up ground? Still no leadership on that side, they have done nothing to bring back the voters they lost in November and pissed off a good % of their base with Tom Perez as DNC chair. Still largely operating out of the same playbook that got them beat.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The dems have done nothing. The leadership is clueless. It's more disturbing to me than Trump. They think people will just vote for them because they are the only other show in town. If that were true, Trump wouldn't be President.

All they need is a clear progressive agenda. All they do is throw out the same tired principles with no follow-through. Universal healthcare should be their warcry, but there is no lobbying money in that. Stop taking corporate money. Stop catering to special interests without a coherent overarching set of values, an end goal... anything.

I'm not saying the Republicans are better.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Care to be more specific?

10. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

While I'm not a Newt fan, he is right about this and I have been saying this is Trump's only option for a few months now. Instead of whining on Twitter and threatening to "see you at the Supreme Court". Just abolish them and be done with it.

[video=youtube;RiX1xVb82Vs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiX1xVb82Vs[/video]

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I'm sure you'd be just fine with a democratic administration abolishing any courts it wishes to change. I bet if Obama did this you'd call it treason.

12. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Yeah, because I am Mr. Partisan. Come on. The 9th Circuit is a joke. Either follow the Constitution or leave the Union. If Obama abolished some judges because they were making some off the wall rulings based on the religious right and not the Constitution I'd be all for it.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The 9th is just fine and talk of "off the wall" rulings is just right wing chatter for rulings they don't like, which are backed up by bullshit characterizations by "most reversed court". For you, it merely fits in to the creeping autocracy of which you approve now that a more amenable president towards your viewpoint sits in the office. Any comments on Trump pushing a change to libel laws?

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  14. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Imagine my shock, the revisionist history major thinks the 9th circuit is just fine.

15. Unimane

The 9th circuit is too big, but you've probably deluded yourself to thinking that Trump is opposed to the 9th on ideological grounds and not because they went against him, which is his clear modus operandi. It's also why I noted the libel laws he advocated because his priority has always been Trump first, country second. Since you've always fashioned yourself as the resident Constitutional expert of the board, I thought you might have some interest in the matter. Of course, I'm not shocked that you hypocritically carry water for Trump's repeated assaults on the Constitutions as you advocate for a more dictatorial executive crossing over into other branches.

As far as the 9th goes, as I said, it is too big, but their rulings are fine, largely, and have only rarely had decisions overturned in comparison with the number of decisions rendered.

16. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Here we go again. You make shit up, then smear it on a wall. I have been plenty critical of Trump, so you can drop the carry water non-sense. You asked me about the possible libel law change, I didn't respond because there is nothing to respond to right now. Once there is something more concrete looking, then we will have something to discuss. On the face of it, I would not be in favor of a change. However, I think this is more posturing/trolling from the Trump admin. and don't think it ever makes it to a point where there is actual substance to this topic.

The 9th circuit isn't a court but a legislative wing of the DNC and the left flank of the DNC at that. Which is where you reside, so of course you find no fault with 9th. The reason Trump nor Congress will abolish unconstitutional judges, is because neither Trump nor Congress want to follow the Constitution either. Trump, from what I have read on him, is pretty weak on Constitutional history. The fact Lincoln is one of his idols is a huge tell by itself. Your reasoning that because I am in favor of abolishing some unconstitutional judges makes me in favor of a dictatorial executive couldn't be more wrong. I've repeatedly argued the opposite and the founders argued the opposite as well.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[video=youtube;QaTP8h8Ypuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaTP8h8Ypuw[/video]

Listing "proposes largest tax cut in history" as an achievement is, seriously, just like Butch Jones.

18. Unimane

You've been mildly disapproving, at times, and advocated on a number of occasions for Trump to overstep his bounds, but, alright, if this is your stated viewpoint, then I can, actually, go with a lot of it.

However, as far as the 9th goes, you are incorrect. As I've noted in another thread, the makeup of the judges is almost 50-50 Republican-Democrat nominees. I've also learned that "unconstitutional" is a very subjective term, as you seem to use it. There's really not much cause for consternation, either, in regards to the two cases of him getting rebuffed by the 9th recently.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

With a shot like that, expect a call from the secret service.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Lol, video was taken down.