POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Brandt has me beat, by a long shot. The way the guy remembers battle details amazes me.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A mean, tough bastard may be the best way to describe him. He beat a would be assassin with a cane when he was 67 years old.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Tenny, sorry I just can't accept your protests on this matter. Saying his declaration that "he had a big heart" is with merit and proof he is not as dumb as a "box of hammers" doesn't jibe with Trump's comments. I could say "Jackson was a bad guys" and a lot of historians would agree with me, but it doesn't mean my comment has merit if my explanation demonstrates I have no idea why he was a bad guy. No reasonably sentient human being could listen to that stammering, nonsensical mush of a response by Trump and conclude he had the first idea as to what he was talking about.

So, while I may, respectfully, disagree with your opinions on Trump's policies, I to fully reject your premise here that his explanation, if one could call it that, has any merit whatsoever. And, frankly, this is perfectly in character for Trump's display of history "knowledge".

But, like I said, I really don't care much as to whether or not he does or does not know regarding the issue of nullification in the 1830s on a certain level. It does amuse me to watch him fumble around with some basic elements of US History, though, I do admit.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i think it's hard to know what he knows or doesn't know, when so many statements seem like a box of Alpha-Bits dumped on the table

5. JayVols

He really was, but I really think that was overcompensation for some measure of social awkwardness.

6. JayVols

That's a good description. I would disagree on the inference though. The fact his statements are Alpha-Bits is a tell he's BSing his way through something. He's worse than me writing a research paper on obscure Djibouti authors.

7. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Question for jay, since he's the best we have not named jack needy and jack isn't here.

As the tale goes, a young, brash Jackson picked a fight with, and quickly beat up a rather elderly and feeble john sevier in downtown knoxville, outside the courthouse. So much that, if there was no knoxville-nashville resentment prior thereto, that certainly started it.

Heard anything like that?

8. JayVols

I honestly haven't. I could talk a little about Jackson's time in Jonesborough. Very little....

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sevier would have been 58, and just recently inaugurated for his second stint (non-consecutive) as Governor, when the incident with Jackson occurred in Knoxville and 1803. Jackson would have been 38 years old.

Link: https://owlcation.com/humanities/3-Famous-Duels-Involving-Andrew-Jackson

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean Jack Neely?

Apologies if you don't.

11. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The account of what happened at the duel is pretty funny (at that same link)

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I love history

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

So Comey just confirmed classified emails to HRC ended up in the hands of Weiner through Huma.

Lock her up.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm reading Confederates in the Attic. I highly recommend it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lock Abedin up? How is Clinton incriminated by Abedin forwarding emails?

16. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Wonder why Spying Susan Rice declined to testify? Subpoena her ass.

17. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Yes. My bad.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Actually, there have been much worse times with the media. Still, his never ending battle with the media, I continue to maintain, will be to his detriment. Most people don't give a shit about changing the media, one way or the other, especially from the president.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Turn of the 20th Century and into the early 20th Century, the media was far worse and far more controlling.