POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's a wonder any black person has ever made it

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

hell, they tend to get harsher punishments for just about anything

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Name the richest white person you can think of. Are they in entertainment or business?

Name the richest black person you can think of. Are they in entertainment or business?

Now go down the list to 10, and tally up.

How'd you come out? White folk made it through what? Black folk made it through what?

4. fl0at_

Now, with all things being equal, why the disparity, if there is any?

This is an open question for anyone willing to put down a list.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You saying I can't sing?

justingroves likes this.
  6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If I can have a non-racist opinion, I believe black kids are pushed in a direction and white kids are pushed in another. Are all black kids told they can only make it as an entertainer? I've been seen by black doctors, I've seen black lawyers, I play golf with a general sales manager at a huge car dealership. It can be done. I also play golf with a white dude that plays in the nfl.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think the biggest is the destruction of the family unit.

Now a lot of the war on drugs has aided in that but nearly 70 percent of all black children being born out of wedlock is totally destroying their communities.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What is the current black population %? How many millions of each race are in the work force. If there are 100 white dudes and 15 black dudes working for a company, its a numbers game. This topic could go any direction, as far as disparity, but imo it comes down to $, education and family unit, in no particular order, no matter what race, as far as factors for success.
    A smart kid afraid to be smart due to being labeled as "acting white" by the people around him or her isnt a good beginning.
    If we were to take poor kids with no leadership at home out of the environment and people holding them back, many would thrive. Misery loves company though and miserable people love to hold others down.

9. fl0at_

It's fine to have that opinion. I disagree with it. I think some people are pushed in a general direction.

I think the vast majority of people establish a role model, or an identity, early, and pursue that.

And what I mean is that kids who have a parent in a profession, tend to join that profession. They see success in their parent or role model and so emulate it.

The best way I can describe the human mind's predisposition to this idea of the "ideal" is fiction book reading. Do you read? Are all the characters you form in your mind white? That's a normal thing, because we see ourself in others.

So back to jobs, if those kids can't see themselves in others in professions (because either they don't have that role model, or because the role model they do have is held back -- consciously or unconsciously by their job)... they start to see themselves in the next successful person that looks like them.

Thus, disparity. But the disparity is there, the disproportionate treatment is there. It's getting better. But it's there.

It doesn't seem to be getting as better for Hispanics...

10. fl0at_

Are your siblings as successful as you? Why not?

11. Ssmiff

I would say def no for my brother. Varied reasons would be his fight with himself growing up hiding his sexuality, his lack of education, his temper/spite, inability to work for a boss and keep mouth shut, and general drive to try and be successful at something. Hes 53 at at home with my mom.
    In summary, wired differently. Not all his fault but he hasnt helped matters with unwillingness to adapt.

12. fl0at_

Same family unit though.

Anytime someone brings up family with regards to success, I like to ask about siblings.

I don't think I've ever had anyone who believes family unit plays a role say their siblings are equally successful.

So I dismiss that, for that reason. It's not scientific, but it's an interesting question to ask.

Unimane likes this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Statistically I’d bet there is a correlation. Nothing is guaranteed. Maybe it raises the number from 25 to 50 percent, but I’ll take the latter odds over the former.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Albuquerque. Whomever.

15. Ssmiff

Yes it is. Maybe lack a a tough road early made him lose perspective early on. Maybe not. I can absolutely see a kid from another environment, where he is not successful, change places and have a successful life.

16. fl0at_

Obviously having some stable family support helps, but I don't know it raises the likelihood of individual success 25%.

That'd be a big boost, for any single variable.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well parents being college educated is highly correlated to success, so I guess it depends what your definition of stable family is

18. fl0at_

I believe my point is that a stable family with two college educated parents makes it hard to say which if the two is contributing more.

So, yea, we might need to know what an unstable family with two college educated parents looks like.

But I would think that would just be divorce.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

only 8% of black children living in a two parent home live in poverty.

Black children living in a single mother household is the highest demographic living in poverty in America.

That’s huge and is one of the first roadblocks in fixing the problems facing blacks in America.

Sadly whites in rural America are starting down the same road.

20. fl0at_

What's the percentage of white children living in a two parent home live in poverty?

What I'm getting at is I assume most two parent homes are dual income, or single income high enough to sustain a stay at home parent. Which almost automatically guarantees above poverty income for both parties.