POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

How is that crazy actions for a racist?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Or maybe the term racist gets thrown out way too often in this country that is super obsessed with race.

3. fl0at_

You made that up. I said, and go back and try and read it again, if you need to, but I said: reasonable people voted for a racist. That doesn't mean they are racist.

How you came to the conclusion that that means the voters are racist, I will never know. But I assume it requires some kind of field relating to business.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Use your logic you mentioned

5. fl0at_

If you use murder as a tool, are you a murderer?

6. fl0at_

It's an illogical position, so I can't. Because it's illogical.

You're taking the position that racism must be all or nothing, and that is factually incorrect.

7. Ssmiff

Its illogical to think a man who has focused more on African american communities than any president in recent history, isnt a racist?
    Ok.

8. fl0at_

Yes, it is absolutely illogical to think that African American communities are the only race.

So by proof, let me ask you a question. If a man hates everyone of middle eastern decent because they are middle eastern, and I mean thinks they are scum, and then dies and gives billions of his money away to poor blacks in the south... is that man racist?

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I was just going with what I thought was your position for this thought experiment, that he hated everyone but himself.

All of my posts on this line of thought have started from that assumption. Not what I believe is fact.

I did this because I wanted to understand how you believe a white self supremacist must be a white supremacist.

I don’t have a hard position on your last point so I’ll have to think my way into this one live.

But my first take is yes. If you promote hate, mistreatment, subjugation, isolation, etc by stoking others racist fears or ideas then you are a racist even if you don’t share them.

Question - does that cut both ways. Is it racist to tell poor people that Rs want to cut their services because many poor Americans are people of color and they are racists, even if you don’t think that’s why they want to cut their services?

10. TennTradition

The moment I realized Trump might get elected was when I had no fewer than five family members in my Facebook feed post their I voted stickers saying they were proud to vote for the first time - and they were all over 30 except one who was about 28. I’ve admitted before that this is completely anecdotal. Perhaps meaningless. But it continues to color my perception.

Also think about the people who stayed at home this time around. It wasn’t just about who showed up.

Unimane likes this.
  11. TennTradition

I think he hates Muslims regardless of race.

12. Ssmiff

Yes he is racist because he hates an entire race based on their race and i assume thinks being white it superior.
    What entire race does Trump hate?

13. fl0at_

My argument is that the Trump ideal is a white male, which is white supremacy. The second ideal is a white female. Which is white supremacy.

I don't believe a white supremacist must be a white supremacist, and I can show it to you using Dave Chappele skit. He took a blind black man and raised him as a white supremacist--the black man didn't see the ideal as himself, he didn't see the ideal as a black man. He saw him as a white man. Therefore a white supremacist doesn't have to be a white supremacist. But they often are.

Yes, but I don't see that as cutting both ways. I see that as using racism as a tool. Which is racist. Which is.. one way.

14. fl0at_

I didn't say the man was white. Why did you assume that he was white?

Let's assume he's not white, and he doesn't think his race is superior, but he still hates those middle easterners. Do you think he's racist?

And I'll remind you, earlier, you said these words:

You are free to retract them. Obviously. If you think maybe you were wrong, there.

15. fl0at_

All middle easterners are not Muslim, TT.

16. TennTradition

Fair on the not cutting both ways. I intended it to mean fear of being a victim of racism vs a perpetrator. Not the act of using it as a tool being the cutting two ways.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I hate to ruin this interesting dialogue on race, but what does this mean he has focused more on African-American communities?

18. TennTradition

I didn’t suggest otherwise.

And not all Muslims are Middle Eastern.

Omar being case in point.

I do generally believe that to be true, though. He has some solid Muslim hate.

19. Ssmiff

I'm not wrong on the definition. Look it up. For some reason you often believe you can create yoir own definitions.
    And I assumed the man you mentioned in your hypothetical was white because thwre is seldom if ever talk about other races being racist.

If he hates all of them and doesnt think he is above them due to his race, maybe he is a christian and thinks all muslims are evil. Thats ignorance, not racism as defined.

20. fl0at_

Most racial atrocities have been committed through the lie of "self defense," which is essentially a victim vs perpetrator argument. Agree?

tvolsfan likes this.