POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

No, it isn't. What else are doing with a toddler?

2. GahLee

Gets harder as they get older, feeding a 2 year old apple sauce and reading Llama Llama Red Pajama isn't.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You strike me as being a product of the schedule you posted, earlier, and which now explains so very much about you, today.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Lets take the hilariously sad over simplification of a schedule you provided and dissect it with my 2.5 year old.

Play Time:
    My son sits in front of the TV in the morning and plays with his cars. Generally about 10 minutes into that he decides he wants daddy to race with him. So we spend the next 20 minutes literally running around the house 'racing'. During the course of this he usually 'crashes'. Then I have to be either an ambulance or wrecker to take him to the shop and get fixed. Depending on what happens to be going through his mind I have to pick him up and transport him a certain way. May be I haul him around like a forklift, maybe I grab him by the ankles and tow him around upside down, sometime I throw him over be shoulder like a bag of dog food. Usually in the middle of this he decides its time to do something else, maybe he wants to be an airplane and I have to fly him around the house. Point being, I'm physically exhausted by 7:00 AM when its time to go to work. While I'm gone my son usually bounces around through several rooms playing with different sets of toys. He goes from his bedroom, to the living room, to the rec room upstairs, gets into stuff in my wife's crafts room, plays in my office, probably wants to go outside a couple of times. All the while destroying each room in the process. Then there's the meltdowns. He can't find a particular toy he looking for, or sees a Pixar Car on a box that he doesn't have. Or remembers you telling him 2 weeks ago you'd get something for him but you forgot - he didn't forget. It's go, go, go nonstop, and its awesome, but its extremely exhausting.

Eating:
    This is easy, my son hates to eat because he wants to play. "No eat! Play!" It's a fight most days just to get him to eat because he's got more important things to do. My wife stresses out because we've had trouble getting him to gain weight the last couple of months simply because he wont eat. You can't force feed a 2 year old, and there's no reasoning or bargaining with one so young.

Nap Time:
    Holy hell getting my son to sleep is a chore. Again, "No sleep! Play!" It doesn't matter how tired that child is, he's 100 to 0, just like I was growing up. Normally takes my wife a good 15-20 minutes getting him to go to sleep.

Play Time Again:
    I really hope my son slept for more than 30 minutes. If not, he's cranky and its non-stop meltdowns the rest of the day. If he did get a good rest its playing non stop.

Bath Time:
    My son hates taking a bath. "No bath! Play!" It's literal screaming while we wash him. Once that's done, he's generally ok and wants to play in the bath tub for an hour. That means someone gets to just sit there and watch him to make sure he doesn't drown.

Reading Time:
    I like reading to my son, I just have to hope he's settled down enough to want to be read to. Normally I get 5 pages in, and he has a new idea of what to do with his toys. Once again, at that point I can't sit there and watch, he demands that you be intimately involved.

Bedtime:
    Again my son hates going to bed, no matter how tired he is because he'd rather be playing. We let him watch his iPad at night before he goes to sleep. This appears to work pretty well for us.

If my wife has to run an errand during the day, it's a meltdown because my son doesn't want to ride in the car, he wants to play. She tries to clean the house, its a meltdown because she's not playing with him, is putting up his toys, or he hates the sound of the vacuum. You sit on the couch for a few minutes trying to rest and relax a little bit, my son is grabbing your hand wanting you to play. Or he's cranky and crying constantly and wont go to sleep. Or he's trying to tell you something and you can't make out the words he saying and he has a meltdown because he can't communicate. This happens hundreds of times throughout the day. I work 80 weeks a lot of time due to my job, even then I'm not sure who has it harder, my wife or me. I'm normally mentally drained, she's normally physically drained.

Maybe your kid is extremely boring, maybe he/she doesn't want [uck fay] to do with you. But being a stay at home mom is not a cake walk. I wouldn't call it the hardest job on the planet, but its nothing short of exhausting. It'd be like me saying someone is over-dramatic about their "hard" job when all they do is sit in a car on the way to work, sit in a chair for 8 hours, and sit in a car on the way back home, eat, and sleep.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You are just a shitty parent.

droski and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. GahLee

Not at all.

7. GahLee

Sounds like your kid runs the house, have fun with that.

8. GahLee

I did this with two boys. So you trying to explain something to me that I've already went through, twice, is kinda funny.

Feeding your kid and playing with them. That's it. You can make it sound as exhausting as you want. But in my experience it was easy. Like cake walk easy.

Now that they are older however, it is getting harder and harder.

9. GahLee

Being a stay at home parent 40 years ago required actual work. Nowadays? Nah.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I have a ton of fun with my son, and wouldn't trade it for anything. Sad that you apparently never got to experience that with your kids.

One of my granddads growing up demanded we were always quiet when we were at his house and never got it messy. I guess we were pretty easy for him the summers we would stay there. I haven't seen or spoken to him in almost 20 years, and hadn't even thought about him in nearly that long before reading your words of parenting wisdom.

IP likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Stay at home parent is as big of a mental challenge as physical. Its not easy. Its not complicated either. It is consuming.

Dangerous slope imo when y'all start firing on each others relationships with your kids though.

GahLee, RockyHill and kmf600 like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

a [dadgum] murder right here

13. GahLee

Parenting wisdom? Where? I'm not telling anyone how to raise their kids. Do what you want, they are your kids.

I have plenty of fun with my kids. Currently blowing a small fortune bowling and playing arcade games with them.

14. GahLee

Consuming is a good word and yeah, folks here like to drag people because they see things differently.

Me entire point, from the very beginning, was that men need to work.

15. GahLee

How so? Because he assumed I'm the same as his grandfather? Or he assumed I dont have fun with my kids.

Which assumption did you enjoy more?

16. GahLee

Do tell what it explains. Not that it matters because your assumption here is entirely off base but I'm curious as to how you think that explains who I am today, not that you have a [uck fay]ing clue who I am in the first place.

Look forward to your 2,000 word response that could be condensed to 3 sentences of mass assumptions that will largely miss the mark.

17. GahLee

So the day doesnt go as planned? That's life with kids in general. And sure it is an oversimplification of being a stay at home parent but that doesnt make it untrue in the broader sense.

I imagine the worst part about being a stay at home parent is getting stir crazy. Legit sympathize there. But dont tell me watching cartoons, eating cereal and playing with matchbox cars is hard work.

And women are infinitely better at this than men. Which reverts back to my initial and really only point here, which is that men NEED work.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

You said being a stay at home parent is a cake walk. I'm not dragging you, I'm saying that's one of the stupidest things I have seen posted here. The only way it could not be exhausting is if you never interact with your kids.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What actions do you consider work? What is it about those actions that a man needs?

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Dude, based on your over simplifications nothing can ever be classified as hard work.