POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you are a saint for hiring him. i wouldn't

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I didnt hire him. She basically has him drive her.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ah i misread it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand the "big help" part. Like, compared to what? Sounds like he isn't pulling his own weight, let alone having a surplus of "help."

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Our welfare and safety net system really keeps those at the bottom from advancing.

It just doesn’t make sense to take these jobs for a slight increase in wages with huge effects to the amount of benefits received.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I was unemployed for about a month and half once upon a time. Drove me nuts. I was out doing the same yard work I did two days before just to have something to do.

A woman my wife works with has a husband who is a "stay at home dad". His wife works hella OT as a Labor and Delivery nurse. And he just hands his kid Capri Suns and mandarin oranges occasionally. It sounds like the worst life imaginable.

kmf600 likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, I just picked up part time gigs when I was unemployed. it sucks to have an entry level type role, but work is good for you.

8. GahLee

Its essential for men. Absolute must.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what men/woman/all the stuff that messes with biden has to do with it. a real child care role is real work. we must know many half ass it who claim to be doing it

10. GahLee

I'm just saying it is in a mans DNA to work and provide. Taking care of your everyday 3 year old is easy AF. Not real work or anything that resembles it.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha

NorrisAlan, VolDad and RockyHill like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I love my kids, but I couldn't stay at home with them. It's hard ass work.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Maybe if you just give them an iPad and don't do anything with them.

We don't do screen time at home with our kids. A day spent putting in fence or clearing land is 10x's easier.

I have the upmost respect for anyone raising kids the right way and it's not an easy job.

justingroves likes this.
  14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t have kids of my own, but it definitely doesn’t look easy.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You'll never love something like you love your kid. You'll never have your patience tested by something like your kid.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

If my kid tests my patience more than Tennessee football, I'm leaving them at a fire station.

justingroves and kmf600 like this.
  17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My kid has never had an iPad, iPod or anything like that.

He doesn't sit in front of a TV except to watch a little baseball.

After a regular weekend, me and the wife are happy to drop him off at his preschool so we can finally get a break. At work.

justingroves likes this.
  18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Do people perceive this as weird or respect it these days? I think one day I’m going to be perceived as weird Dad. I’m not gonna keep my kids from something constructive they’re interested in but otherwise we’re gonna do stuff outside and play sports.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No idea. Do what you do. Just don't assume everyone else does what you do. That's what I do.

justingroves likes this.
  20. GahLee

You have a preschool children help you with fencing and land clearing?