Yet another mass shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by NorrisAlan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

He's undoubtedly one of those who claim to be 1/16th Cherokee and would throw a [itch bay] fit at the idea of someone questioning his whiteness -- while being completely unaware that's what his entire message is in this thread.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Might wanna actually read my post. In response to the idea Lumberjack presented, I said in summary that I think it is more nuanced than chiefly assigning blame for the mass shooting phenomenon that started with the Columbine fiasco via primarily fixating on the legality and illegality of different types of guns. Especially considering that it is not exactly true that "it was much harder to rapidly kill people" considering how things like fully automatic gun possession was indeed legal for civilians in our country for a solid period of time well before Columbine and the DC Sniper marked this new, dark chapter of random mass shootings in our nation's history (a time frame BTW when semiautos weren't even legal themselves).

With regards to the issue of universal gun classification bans/confiscation you and I are in rare agreement. We both are on record in this exact thread stating how we both don't favor universal gun classification bans/confiscation like many others advocate for. In fact I recall my prescriptions were more drastic than yours in that unlike you, my prescriptions took it even further in that I favor the idea of making people actually wait a few weeks/months before they can physically take home a semi auto assault rifle legally purchased. All under the hopeful idea that some of these would-be mass murders wielding these powerful weapons may be having a bad week/temporary mental breakdown inhibiting their ability to rationally process their decision making while being under a misguided heat-of-the-moment mental fog. That a waiting period from time of purchase to when you can actually take home these guns may very well induce second thoughts during this waiting time frame, allowing them to cool down and reevaluate the situation more clearly. Thus potentially swaying them from ultimately carrying through with the bloodshed.

A prime example of someone who may have benefited from this idea being the Louisville bank shooter recently who clearly was going through personal/professional difficulties while suffering through a sudden mental breakdown in the days leading up to his massacre. A waiting period may very well have resulted in him not ever actually carrying out what he did and may have allowed him enough time to get the help he desperately needed. If he only had to wait a few weeks/months before being allowed to take his newly purchased AR-15 home that he was legally allowed to buy under current gun laws perhaps his victims' lives and even his own life may have been spared ultimately.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I'm actually less than 2% African descent according to my 23 and Me. Get it right, bigot! How dare you misrepresent my own racial identity!

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yup lol. I clearly can't accept the existence of white Latinos like Santiago Vescovi being a thing because I happen to be calling bullshit by not pretending like this particular person falls in that same racial identity. My lying eyes!

I'm just feeling sad and "pissed" that ignorant folks like you reject Rachel Dolezol's personal truth of being a white Black lady, yet you are very accommodating to the personal truths as ascribed by mass murdering "white" Latinos like this guy. Be better!

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

White Hispanics have been a thing for centuries. In fact, the Spanish had a pretty elaborate racial/ethnic caste system in colonial times, but, in the US, race and ethnicity have been mutually exclusive identities for a long time.

https://www.pewresearch.org/hispanic/2021/11/04/measuring-the-racial-identity-of-latinos/

Going to Peru with my wife's family, there are absolutely racial distinctions within that Hispanic society and fairly rigid one, too. The white Hispanics there are the ones who have established a greater sense of social standing, while the Indian (or, especially, full Indians) and black Hispanics are at the bottom of the social totem pole.

In the end, race and ethnicity are a social construct, but Rachel Dolezal claiming to be black is a quite different sentiment than a culturally established concept of race and ethnicity. A social construct requires some kind of social agreement and simply designating yourself a racial identity isn't one of those things. There are criteria in those identities and she doesn't fit them.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

People here actually are convinced rejecting this dude's "white" identity regardless of what this madman ridiculously claimed about himself means that you are also simultaneously rejecting in totality the mere existence of white Hispanics. People used their eyes/common sense to reject and mock Rachel Dolezal for trying to pull a white Black lady racial identity scam on everyone. Yet this mass murdering psycho? Oh, well clearly we best take his racial and murderous delusions as the Gospel! The leaping of logic being expressed here is something.

It is almost like the sheer fact that white Hispanics exist has absolutely nothing to do with rejecting the "personal truth" held by a mentally deranged, clear-as-day brown skinned Hispanic mass murdering Clayton Bigsby ignorantly convinced of his own "whiteness". A "white supremist" BTW who gladly murdered "members of the master race" he fancied himself as belonging to. All you have to do is merely look at him for a split second to conclude dude ain't literally "white"! Whatever his [uck fay]ed up and evil head convinced him as being his "personal truth" about his own racial identity doesn't in fact make it THE TRUTH. Crazy concept I know. Actual Nazis from Germany in the 30s/40s would have gladly eliminated him from ever reproducing within their stupid aryan gene pool.

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What race is "brown skinned?"

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Lol. The lengths to which some will go never ceases to amaze.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Irony, is that you?

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ya, can't help you there with a question as dumb as that based on a factual description used depicting his....wait for it...actual brown skin color! We are in agreement that this guy is Hispanic. Where you lose me is your crazyass attempt to convince us that he was in fact a white Hispanic.

My lying eyes though for not affirming the idiotic delusion out there that you seem so desperate to "prove". You actually goofily want us to affirm your BS that this mentally deranged psycho who also was expressing a soft spot for mass shooters like the Covenant shooter was indeed "white" racially. We should definitely take this nut seriously and affirm his lunatic delusions surrounding racial identity/Nazism/mass shooters at face value! Setting aside his blatantly obvious non-white skin complexion, the Dallas Mexican gang cartel tat on his hand is for sure another dead giveaway hammering home your overall brilliant point proving that this dude clearly is "white" racially. Shame how my lying eyes refuse to see this as correctly as you!

Like bro, just look at him! Dude is not a "white" Hispanic man. Is what it is. Thinking that failure to affirm his "whiteness" equates to denying the existence of white Hispanics is beyond silly and moronic. Why you care so much that we all join along with you in pretending that this was in fact a "white" Hispanic is some wildly strange shit out of you. What a crazy ass hill to die on.

Guess that means you'll be trying to convince me too that random black people out there with a bizarre affinity for the Confederacy can also identify as "white" racially if they just happen to weirdly decree that they are in fact "white" racially despite not actually being "white". All because black people exist who happen to oddly drape their personal identity/beliefs with symbols that historically has represented "white supremacist" causes.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a lot of words without an answer to a pretty simple question.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Apparently I have functioning eyeballs and you don't. Hate that for you

13. Ssmiff

im not claiming a dude named Mauricio Garcia, who was brought to the US as a child, who lived with non English speaking parents, is a white boy.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is that different than an italian?

SetVol13, The Dooz and emainvol like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is itself some kind of inverse Clayton bigsby situation where a man covered in black ink tattoos which are plainly visible on his relatively light colored skin just can't be white! He can't!

So weird.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

By the way, I have seen tanner skin on many a rural Tennessean homecoming hopeful so I don't know why we call that brown but folks on the lake in their boat are white while being many shades darker.

17. Ssmiff

By that thought process, there’s not a Mexican or Latino in the US. Just take “Latino” or “non white” off the forms we fill out.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Donald Trump may have a darker complexion than this scumbag.

19. Ssmiff

All else aside, it’s nice to have discussions with other black dudes on here.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You bubble a color and you bubble hispanic or non hispanic. I.e., some Dominicans or Hondurans are black hispanics. I'm a white nonhispanic. A Cuban American like the actor who played detective Baptista on Dexter would be a white hispanic.

Hispanic never was a race in the US in my lifetime. Same with Jews and Arabs. Neither is considered a race, but rather an ethnicity.