Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This kid is just a freshman, turning and shooting up to 85 mph. His brother is a Jr and headed likely to Michigan. Matthew is a beast and will play for a top 20 program. Already made a UA AA squad. 6 goals in semifinal, club record for goals by a freshman in any game in 20 years. Sick hand and stick skills for the ball to not pop out and come out flying on shots

2. Ssmiff

In case you are bored
    http://watchthegamelive.com/tsla2023/

mba/McCallie at 1130 and Brentwood v Ravenwood at 2. Likely 15+ kids in those 2 games going to play college next 2 years.

3. Ssmiff

Damn man I’m ready now

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Aaand more ready now. Hoping at least a couple of you see lacrosse different with the video

5. Ssmiff

They did it. Down 3-1 at half and first time all year without the lead. Shut em down and won 6-3. Got a state champ in the family. First I know of in my tree

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Won the minors championship in little league. One of my boys got a walk off hit to win the game. Am a little too irrationally happy about this. Ha ha

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Be proud, it's awesome

droski likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My middle one won the 3rd grade spelling bee yesterday and then had a single, a triple and an RBI. He's been especially cocky the last 12 hours

Ssmiff, NYY, NorrisAlan and 1 other person like this.
  9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My son couldn't pitch last game due to throwing over the threshold the previous. Decided to put him at catcher, which truth be told may be his best position. We played a team that is Bush league as all get out on the bases. I get it to a certain extent, but in LL that crap just never equates to baseball beyond so why do it?

After jumping his ass, I finally got him to backpick. Picked three guys off, and threw a kid out on a steal attempt at second from his knees by 15 feet.

10. Ssmiff

[uck fay]s sake I’m old.

Attached Files:

11. Ssmiff

what’s he like better? Getting to play everyday may make him want to catch

12. Ssmiff

I never had this feeling as a player. Knowing these kids and seeing looks on each face is awesome.
    Down 3-1 at half and several of us dads had already ordered championship hats. Text thread was funny. 50 yr old men worried about being the jinx that ruined best season ever by having hats already there. Sworn to lifetime secrecy if we lost.

Attached Files:

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes, you are.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gunning a kid at second is the greatest adrenaline rush you can get in sports.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I grew up and played a lot of ball against their coach. He turned and looked at me after he chucked him at second and said "you oughta be fired for not catching him until game 9."

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He is happy as long as he's playing at this point.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Interesting way to lose a state championship.

18. Ssmiff

Did the catcher drop it?? Because it’s hard for a called strike to touch the dirt.
    See now looks like he drops it then reaches for tag. Can’t tell if he tagged him

19. Ssmiff

In Charlotte for travel lacrosse and we play the #3 ranked team today in one of 3 games. It’s hot. This will be a beating.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There are currently over 70 girls on the waiting list to be a cheerleader for my teams program. I nearly passed out when the cheer coach told me that earlier this week.