14 Dead, 50 injured in CO theater shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Jul 20, 2012.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

And making a spectacle of this guy is what most mass shooters target. It's their way of getting their fifteen minutes of fame. Ideally, I'd drop the,whole matter from mass media outlets so he doesn't get anymore pub. That'll never happen, because supposedly, somehow, this gives the mourners closure by never letting the story die. I've never really understood that philosophy

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't believe we have mass shootings now because "they believe they can get away with it." Having some sort of torture be authorized on these people won't do anything at all to prevent it or "show" the perpetrators anything.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It gives them a feeling that a senseless and random event "mattered" and "made a difference" or "impact."

I agree, it is bogus.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think this will turn out a lot like the other shootings. Everyone will blame or resort to their pet arguments, then the shooter will turn out to simply be mentally deranged in some way. Or, like the Columbine shootings, the worst case of Everyone's a Psychologist, we'll talk about the causes endlessly and then a professional will conclude the obvious, the shooter was simply a sociopath.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Exactly.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like it would have been a tough position. You'd have probably been downhill of your attacker, in a dark theater, a bright projector blinding you, and dozens of innocent people in the line of fire. So, not reallys sure what you could have done.

Edit: I see we are on the same page.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Sometimes the right answer is the most simple one.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This makes a lot of sense.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that macon

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bingo. Everyone wants a "why." There is no "why." There just is.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

That is true but Nancy Pelosi hasn't spoke yet.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Classic.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't either. They should take him to bfe shoot him in the and let the coyotes eat

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I were king, that is exactly what would happen.

15. WM

WM Active Member

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I think you've got to evaluate the guy's mental state before you start shouting to torture him and kill him.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Being insane alone shouldn't be enough to keep someone from being put down. The kind of crazy that has him planning this for months is the precisely the kind of crazy that needs to be disposed of.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Being insane means you're not criminally culpable. We don't kill people that aren't criminally culpable.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are comparing apples and oranges. I'm talking about being king for a day, you are talking about legalities. You might as well tell me I can't be king because we have a constitution that forbids it.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This police chief Dan Oates is an intelligent guy.