2016 New Hampshire Primaries

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 8, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not. They buy sympathy too by giving it away.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Clinton's national lead has almost completely evaporated. It's like 48 % to 45 % now .

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And I'll take ostrich activity to ignore reality thereafter.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't even contradict you. You just like to argue.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Holy crap. You called droski' point a non sequitur. His was mine.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then you'll have no problem finding where I questioned your claim.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If Republicans would realize that, the chances of me voting for one would go up drastically. At least a few people have finally realized that it's past time for criminal justice reform.

And, while not directly related to the case of minorities (although in fact related to the concerns of most, I'll wager), I'm not sure why Republicans--who have been trying to be the pro-family party for ages--can't get onboard with obviously pro-family policies like expanded parental leave.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cause women should be home barefoot in the kitchen anyway, duh.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because it would disincentive people from hiring women.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

(1) Gender discrimination in hiring is already illegal.
    (2) There is already enough disincentive to hire women that it can drive people to flout that particular law (to take a recent example, my wife was denied a promotion last year because she got married). I'm not convinced that expanding parental leave would make this particularly worse.
    (3) Parental leave and maternity leave are not identical.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just take them away, and I'm bought and paid for.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hispanic voters have been voting for Democrats since well before the issue of illegal immigration. As long as Republicans fail to realize the manner in which they address issues like immigration ("Electrified fences", "They're not sending us their best", etc., etc.) is as much of an issue as anything, then they will continue to lose the Hispanic vote. It's the same concept as thinking you'll get someone to vote for you by telling them they are stupid for not doing so in the first place. The idea that Hispanic voters only care about preserving illegal immigration is as damaging as anything. I almost think Republicans feel this way in order to sanctify their paltry numbers among that group.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the polls suggest that it's by far the issue they care about the most. every border city isn't a sanctuary city by coincidence.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah it's all a figment of the republicans imagination.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Unimane

Clearly, you missed the point. The part about "the manner in which they address" the issue is key. But, ok, good luck with the current attitude of vilifying Hispanic people over the issue. I'm sure it will work wonders, as it already is.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you act like there is some middle ground that is going to win them over. you think any talk about curtailing illegal immigration can be phrased in a polite manner for Hispanic voters? the ones that would be inclined to vote republican also are the ones against illegal immigration in the first place.

18. Unimane

You don't think there's some middle ground between some kind of amnesty free for all and cheering for electrified fences or calling all those people criminals? Bush was able to garner about 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2004. Why aren't those people inclined to vote Republican nowadays? You seriously think it's just because they want to have illegals in America or there might be some perception issues the Republicans have permeated among that group of voters?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not one that will sway votes. bob dole got 21% of the vote. the current numbers are right around the average the past 20 years at least. yes I seriously think it's because they want to have illegals in America. you think that maybe they might have personal feelings about that you or I do not? does this look like a bunch of people that aren't pro amnesty?

[​IMG]

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Well that was quick. 8:00:01 and CNN gives it to Trump and Sanders.