2020 Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 20, 2017.

?

Will President Trump be Re-Elected in 2020?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2020.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

How long do you think the dignitaries in front of the capitol hang out in the rain? Looks like that VIP section is full to me. I guess they had them out there way before, hanging out in the rain. Yup.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No crowd will ever probably be as big as '08, the moment was too historic. That being said last I saw estimated attendance was greater than W's. Not that it really matters, just good social media ammo.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is that in dispute? Trump's turnout was dwarfed by both of Obama's, but was bigger than both of W's, both of Clinton's, first Bush's... that's as far as I looked on a graphic last night. The trend is for higher turnout, but Obama's was huge. Probably because most people voted for him.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

No chance he could be the nominee of this Democratic Party. Hell he couldn't even make it to the Iowa caucuses last year. The type of Democratic Party that he represents is pretty much gone. And btw he actually voted for Donald Trump in November.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't think it's a sheer number of vote issue. Obama's election was historic. Many Americans that would have never made the effort to go to an inauguration went due to the moment. Trump is just another "****ing white male" so the event itself isn't extraordinary. My take on it anyways.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not according to the source. I'll accept the time of photos argument because I don't know the times of the pictures, but you could see the difference watching live.

Doesn't matter, really, as I was just posting a completely irrelevant response to a completely irrelevant assertation by our resident alt-right person.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. JayVols

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It hasn't been 24 hours and CNN reports that Nancy Sinatra is not happy Trump is using "My Way" for his first dance. She tweets, No I am not why lie @CNN

Time Magazine reporter reports that the MLK bust was removed from the Oval Office. WH releases picture of bust in Oval Office.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dang it. She must have it protected.

12. JayVols

The claims about the removal of LGBT, environment, disability, civil rights links on White House website true? Legit question.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have heard that every administration refreshes the website upon entering the office. Media trying to find fault with everything.

14. JayVols

I'm sure extra scrutiny is going to be given. Some of that Trump has brought on himself, imo.

I saw somewhere, accompanied by screenshots, that Melania's bio on the White House website had a gratuitous mention that her jewelry line she developed or whatever was available at QVC, and was later scrubbed. I understand these things can be doctored, but if true, I think that's a bit of an example of the concern over conflict of interest. Is it earth shattering? Nah, but I don't think having the White House website brought to you by X Company would be a good road to go down. We're bombarded by commercialization as it is. For the record, I generally greatly dislike commercials.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Have you found any side by side pictures of protesters now anD then?

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This is correct. More Fake News.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It is the very definition of not fake news, in that these things have disappeared (i.e.: truth and fact) and news, in that it is a new site, with new being the root of the word "news."

That these things aren't Populist agendas doesn't change the fact that they have been removed by the new admin.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one has ever faced the level of protest trump has. Luckily, everyone loves him. Trump logic.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It was an honest question, did people protesting Obama's inauguration, run around destroying buildings?

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

youll find very few conservative group protests and none (or near none) with property destruction or civic disruption.