2020 Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 20, 2017.

?

Will President Trump be Re-Elected in 2020?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2020.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm still holding out for Jim Webb.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I think the Dems will go all in with courting the Bernie activist crowd, personally.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think he genuinely wants to make America great again. Not just a slogan. A mission, a purpose.

I also happen to think that ego and legacy drive that desire, but that's fine by me if it gets the job done. He's not the type to fade into retirement or obscurity. Certainly not the type to bow out, unless it's been a grand slam 4 years. He's a two-term guy if the people will give it to him.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I'm feeling this as well, that he gives a legitimate damn, not as an ideologue or a front man for a political party, but because he's pissed off and wants to fix it.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Guy wants his face on currency. America will be so great that we'll need a $1,000 bill by the time he leaves office.

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Fair and I can see it. I think the danger is he'll become frustrated with trying to navigate the flaming rings in getting things done in DC. It certainly won't be what he's accustomed to in leading his businesses. If he does a good job of adapting I can certainly see two terms if he finds success.

I do think he's surrounding himself with good people. I think Jared and Ivanka will hold significant influence which will be a big help. Mattis and Tillerson are also key to his success.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's not generally their winning move. Look at the rhetoric that Obama ran on his first go around.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

A more salient question would be, "will Trump ever win the popular vote?" The answer is no.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Or "will popular vote ever really matter?"

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not until it bites a Republican in the ass and both parties have felt the sting will something be done about it, which is too bad.

I think the Democrats will go for a more charismatic figure, like Corey Booker, the poor man's Obama, or Kamala Harris, than Clinton, which means that they'll not nominate a corpse. I don't think that Trump is temperamentally inclined to build bridges with people and he's already burned a lot. So, in my opinion, re-election will be difficult for him, unless things are just humming along.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was on board until he knelt before Big Pharma. **** him. We can do better.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dems would be wise to start pushing Jason Kander sooner than later

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Can I ask one thing?

Can we please just let this election shit go for a bit?

I hate the emergence of the continuous campaign.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good. Overpaying to sway the bought votes in CA and the NE would be stupid as hell.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Must have hated the Obama administration.

16. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Barry, the race baiting community organizer, was very much an establishment candidate.

17. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Considering the popular vote winner was ushered into her spectator seat to a chorus of boos and chants of lock her up, I find how that is a salient question.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not compared to his opposition he was not. He was believed to be a filler candidate.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know about that. Seems there was a pretty good feeling about him very early on, but I have nothing to base that on other than my memory of something I loosely followed eight years ago. I would agree that Hillary was the odds on favorite, but I don't think Obama was outright dismissed. Maybe some of democrats can weigh in.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He handily beat a Clinton before Bengahzi or private emails servers, when they were running the same game plan.

And he did it within THEIR party only.

Yea. That's something.