8thMaxim's 8thMail

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Pics@8thMaxim, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just worn out. Tore acl in '88 and 2 more times. Don't have one anymore and it just wore out.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Just wear and tear from spending too much time on them.

Ssmiff likes this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You should get those sneakers with wheels in the soles. Save some impact on the knees and look professional, too.

4. Ssmiff

if a mod feels like helping i'd like the attached pic of my pops in his Lexington HS pic as an avi. I've tried but it says its too big of a file. I can't make it smaller.

Attached Files:

utvol0427 and 10SEvols like this.
  5. Ssmiff

My son Spencer below was put in the autism spectrum when he was 2 at Vanderbilt. He turns 18 next week. He doesn't have many close friends because he's just different and not social, but a gift from God with not a mean bone in his body. Gracie Barra, now Rio juijitsu, was built right up the road @ 7 years ago and I put him in it as ball/team sports was not going to work but all my boys have to do something active. Professor Marcelo is from Rio and received his 3rd degree black belt from Gracie and has been a great friend to us. 7 years later, he's still training. Workouts that i could not do for very long, much less 7 years. He got a commitment award from Marcelo last night.
    And if any of you are or will be young parents and notice things with your child, don't be scared to check into it. We were able to get him various therapies early on that really helped.

Attached Files:

• Rio.jpg
      Rio.jpg
      File size:
      103.7 KB
      Views:
    gcbvol, CitrusCo.Vol, VolDad and 4 others like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As a father with a son with high functioning aspergers, I agree with getting it checked. My sons work with his therapist has done wonders for him.

Ssmiff likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

has hardly left my side surgery.jpg

8. NorrisAlan

To find out who loves you more, lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car, and when you let them out see which one is happy to see you.

9. Ssmiff

Strong is one word that doesn't come to mind regarding this thing. 1222171108-1.jpg

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That's a [uck fay]ed up looking penis.

Ssmiff likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

its autism awareness day. Proud of this kid and all he's been able to do. And what's ahead for him. Headed to Columbia state next year, for free thru the Hope scholarship (available to any kid and no gpa minimum, but must have diploma), where we hope he can study something in a field that goes along with how his mind works, which is really amazing to be honest.

Attached Files:

Volgrad98, NYY, gcbvol and 5 others like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's awesome.

13. NorrisAlan

That is great, dude. My oldest is on the spectrum (euphemism for Asperger's or "just plain goofy"), so while not as much of a struggle as autism, I know how hard it can be on the boy to fit in and work with other people and how their brains just don't work the same way as other people.

Best of luck to him!

14. Ssmiff

Yep. Sounds similar. Best thing for my mind is knowing he doesnt want what most teens desire, socially. Simple things mean the most. Things of which I lose perspective. Their minds are truly beautiful, and companies like UBS and Frist led businesses are starting to tap into autistic adults to take advantage of their assets, while also addressing the lack of employment in autistic adults. Their future is brighter than ever before.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

The kid's beard is coming in real nice. Congrats! Great news.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good looking kid. You, on the other hand, are one ugly bastard.

Ssmiff and lylsmorr like this.
  17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

This is awesome. Congratulations! Our next door neighbors have two young sons on the spectrum. The youngest came to the door yesterday and asked if I wanted to watch him ride his bike. He learned just a few days ago and his dad said while it seems like a simple thing, it means more to him than hitting the lottery. Pretty special.

justingroves, Ssmiff and lylsmorr like this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Thanks for the uplifting story.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Does this thing still work?

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Try it. See what happens.

I’m curious too. I need to send more pics...