Banned

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tripper, May 5, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're probably right, but he at least tried to fake it to make us feel better. Dooley just rolls his eyes at us in disgust like a cold-hearted [itch bay] does when she just wants the guy to get off already so she can go watch The Hallmark Channel.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He didn't really put on a show for anyone, what you saw with him is what you got from him.

By that, I mean he didn't go out of his way for people to like him. No orange pants or corny sayings. When he said no staff would outwork his, he meant it. When he said Tennessee would be physical and fly all over the field, they did it.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That, his temper tantrum towards Hinshaw and his mother's reaction when someone said the UF game was a must win tells you all you really need to know about him.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I like the orange pants... I think it is the one thing I can never fault Dooley for doing.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like them too, I just think it was something to draw attention away from the fact he sucks as a HC.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I guess I don't really see Dooley putting on a show for anyone either. I get that it's put up or shut up time for him. But, I also think the "I hate Dooley" and "Dooley's an elitist" shit wouldn't be going on at all if we were winning. That was my point. Everyone "hates him" because we're losing not because they actually know he's an ass hole.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would be understanding if Dooley was a devil-worshiping member of the Nazi party, provided we were winning championships.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I would love to see us rebuild for sustained success on the hill. I think that a part of that is keeping kids in line and lowering attrition. That's why I like the idea of the VFL program. With that said, it can't become a crutch for poor performance. It is a tool to sustain success...not buy time. Dooley needs to get it done....soon. He was dealt a tough hand, but he hasn't really provided many reasons to be confident in his abilities. He now has some depth...and if he can coach, he better show it now.

I'm just talking about coaching...not a championship. Can you point to a single game where he felt like the guy brought a coaching advantage? He just doesn't strike me as an x's and o's guy at all..which means he better nail it on recruiting and game management. In recruiting, he hasn't blown me away, but the man is improving the team...and he has kept guys around and is building depth. I like that. As far as game management goes, I haven't seen much at all. I feel like we are taking a huge handicap into every game we play...

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Over the last two years, I have looked at our team as if they win a game, they were able to overcome our coaching. There hasnt been an opponent yet that I have felt didnt have the advantage coaching wise.......and thats including Joker and James

10. JayVols

I would still say it, honestly. I don't have to have warm fuzzy personal feelings about a coach to support them. I don't have to support a coach because I like them personally either.

It's irrelevant anyway. I don't know him personally. I am simply working off of my impression of him.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Not true.

Dooley has been very kind to Les Miles, Nick Saban, Chip Kelly, Steve Spurrier, and even Joker Phillips--almost everybody except the University of Tennessee and its associates. It has only been the orange clad that he has assaulted as being unhygenic, compared to Nazis, and punished with lousy football. Maybe the problem is that he hates us.

I don't think I will ever like the guy, but that doesn't matter at all to me. Hating somebody and thinking they are not qualified to do the job they were hired to do are two completely different things. I would happily tolerate him if I thought he could build us back to championship level, but doubting his ability to do that is not born out of dislike; it is actually the other way around.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

So not only does ESPN hate us, but [ddiapos] does as well.............makes a lot of sense actually according the the shitfest we have seen on the field the last couple of years.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Agree 100%

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It's just a theory I've got, but it is starting to make some sense.

15. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall during conversations between Dooley and his wife. Wonder how much love for the Big Orange you'd hear?

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

In all honesty, Kiffin probably appreciated the opportunity more than Dooley does. Dooley probably just thinks a job like this should have been given to him because Daddy won with herschel Walker.

17. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I don't know about that; Kiffin was an NFL head coach while Dooley was coming from Louisiana Tech. And while I don't blame Kiffin for displaying highlights of USC players in our complex (considering that's who he'd coached), it doesn't exactly scream "Thank You Tennessee!!!"

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm sure if he had been around in 2010 there would have been some highlights of Berry and Hardesty. The truth of the matter is that there weren't any UT superstars recorded in non-grainy, old ass footage comparable to what he had at USC. Even if there were, they would be relics left over from the guy that had just been canned. Showing Trojans was the smart play.

19. JayVols

Hard to argue against that.

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with all of this. I just have a hard time believing that Kiffin was the one "more appreciative of the opportunity" when he was an NFL head coach by the age of 31.