Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image Was His Dad

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, May 31, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Barron Trump was watching television Tuesday at home with Melania when Kathy Griffin's photo appeared on the screen, and his initial reaction was that something terrible happened to his father.

Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!"

As it was put to us, "He's 11. He doesn't know who Kathy Griffin is and the head she was holding resembled his dad."

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/31/barron-trump-thought-donald-beheaded-image-real/

[​IMG]

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Kathy Griffin was pretty ****ing stupid to do that.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It was very stupid and repulsive. Likely career ending.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes. This is what happens when you sit and stew on politics or anything 24/7. You get worked up into a lather and do something completely stupid.

I don't like Trump, and have never minced words about it. But he is the sitting President and you just don't do that. I wouldn't do that to anyone, anyway. It is just not right action.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I doubt it's career ending.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There will be an initial knee jerk reaction by some (i.e., CNN will fire her).

She apologized; move on. (I know this won't happen. People will demand their pound of flesh. Its just a matter of how much she pays for it)

7. gcbvol

Perhaps not. It's just this poor decision is being condemned widely, even by her core fanbase. Tough recovery, though possible after some time.

I think it's good she quickly apologized and believe it sincere. Her comedy often dances on the lines but this decision is puzzling. I don't know anyone who found this anywhere close to funny.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have no idea how this even happened. Yes she pushes boundaries - but that was just crazy, stupid, etc. I do think it will hurt her

It was good she apologized in what seemed like a no excuses way.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She sucks

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

A mind-bogglingly stupid thing to do. To anyone.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What career, being the female equivalent of Rob Schneider?

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

CNN cut ties with her.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Would've felt more sincere if she weren't rolling her eyes the entire time.

Also, you use the term "comedy" rather loosely. The best thing she ever did was the guest spot on Seinfeld.

15. gcbvol

Eh, the eye rolls seemed directed at her own stupidity - first at 'moving the line' before crossing it and then for even thinking it might be considered funny. Perhaps I'm giving her too much credit but i think she fully gets what a blunder it was and understands why an apology is necessary. And, yes, comedy is absolutely subjective.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what the punch line was. I'm not saying she should be crucified. But this was pretty far beyond any line, as she said.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The main thing I know about her is that the movie Hall Pass ended with Jason Sudekis admitting to having a extramarital liaison to his wife rather than having to suffer through a Kathy Griffin show.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't know how sincere her apology was; she initially defended the video then backed down and apologized when the heat intensified.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It will take a long time for this to be lived down.