Ben's Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 15, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

That's interesting. See, I've seen other videos using pretty similar tech and they were in favor of the conspiracy. Don't remember them being specific about the seating, which could be all the difference.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Here is the view through Oswald's 4x scope for the final shot - which was only 88 yards / 265 feet.

[​IMG]

The first and most necessary ingredient for any conspiracy theory is a desire for it to be true.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

More impressive to fake the moon landing than to believe collateral damage and fires from 767's hitting buildings collapsed Building 7?

Less or more impressive to fake a moon landing than to hit a man at 100 yards in a slow moving parade with a rifle?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

There never was a President JFK, imo. Just an invention of Big Bookstore to push their book selling agenda.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

1. I'm not giving out "the word." I'm encouraging you to think, and providing a logical explanation.

2. Taking anyone's "the word" is a logical fallacy, in this case, an appeal to authority, and it makes you a fool.

3. What is your basis for the claim that Hathcock made such a claim? Are you aware of his burns keeping him from getting into tight shooting positions, due to injuries from Vietnam? Are you aware of some health problems he had that might have clouded his view?

But simply put, why do you refuse to think?

6. Tenacious D

88 yards, with a 4x scope, traveling on a known line, coming into your scope...and going so slowly as to be at an almost dead stop when the third shot is fired.

47 eyewitness, from reporters to Secret Service agents to motorcycle cops alongside the limousine testified that the car was either moving so slowly as to be stopped or was actually stopped, when the third and fatal shot landed.

7. fl0at_

In less than a day, GahLee has gone from "I believe Hathcock replicated" to absolute certainty, in such a way as to reduce anything said by this internet poster.

And yet, I'm willing to bet the certainty came from the Internet?

8. Tenacious D

I would love - LOVE - for their to be something to the JFK Conspiracy theories.

There just isn't.

And I mean nothing. Absolutely nothing.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

They got to Tenacious D. He's compromised.

10. GahLee

I don't think he actually shot, they had other military for that.

11. GahLee

I don't believe the last line at all.

12. GahLee

It's a joke Poindexter, can't remember, may have been Bill Burr.

13. GahLee

Not really absolute certainty. I'm not sure he acted alone. That's all, really. I pretty much have to take a guy like Hathcock at his word, don't I?

14. GahLee

Why was the car moving so slowly? Didn't they deviate from the original route? Where was the secret service? Help me out.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Appeal to Authority" fallacy.

16. fl0at_

I wouldn't. Unless you're accepting that he couldn't do it, because that's all it amounts to.

But what I'm trying to get at is the proof that Hathcock claimed the thing you're claiming he claimed.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

He doesn't mean it like you literally wanted JFK to be killed by a conspiracy.

It can be a source of comfort that the most chaotic and world-shattering events- 9/11, JFK assassination, and even landing on the Moon in 1969, death of celebrities, etc-- are not what they seem, and that there is someone somewhere manipulating these events, fabricating them. It can be a strange source of comfort to think someone or some thing is in control, even if they are sinister. Because the truth of how chaotic our existence is is much scarier.

Any one of us could get in our cars right now and go on a rampage running people down, probably more than a dozen, before being stopped. And that is right now with zero planning. It is so, so easy to destroy. We've never been safer than today (ask 53, he'll tell you every chance he gets) and yet that is really only because the vast majority of us are not trying to kill each other.

I don't want to say anything that puts me on a watch list, but terrorists are not geniuses. They're ass holes. Destruction, especially when your own well-being isn't important, is easy.

That you think it is questionable that a former soldier could kill a slow moving target from an elevated position within 100 yards with a rifle... I don't even know what to say. That's what soldiers do with rifles, and that isn't an unusual distance at which to do it. Anyone saying otherwise, even decorated Vietnam veterans, are just mistaken.

Also, steel's strength is compromised when greatly heated and the WTC buildings are heavy.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll go ahead and lightly tap this bee hive with my foot:

What do people say about unexpected tragedies? "God's will" or "God's plan." It is a similar sentiment. There must be a reason, because if there isn't, well shit.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I take more comfort in the fact there is no big man in the sky screwing me over to prove a point. To each their own though.